Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:04 pm

Tramp, I'm still honestly trying to figure out "true" O scale!! The sets that Preiser makes are, depending on the set, from 1/43, 1/48, 1/50 scale. My quess is that "true" O scale is 1/48 but when it comes to figures I don't see a real problem with say 1/43 blending in.
San, I sent it. If you don't know how to convert "it", I forgot that Tramp knows how!!! Lemme know!! Pretty funny, heh!! Post it or send it back and I will. :lol:

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:40 pm

Jon,

That's just wicked.

It's on it's way back to you as a jpg. Unfortunately, the baboons at villagephotos.com only allow photos and display everything to everybody, so I am not sure about posting it from there.

One thing I noted is the location: Spooner's Cove.

San

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:57 pm

Now what're you boys cookin' up? It don't smell regular.

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:11 pm

I can assure you, Tramp, it reeks.

San

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:15 pm

Tramp! You sure hit the nail on the head with something not smelling regular!! :lol: :lol:
After a brief technical intermission we will now resume our "wonders of plumbing" special. And you thought I was "strange". :D
Image

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:19 pm

The Tight Ashe Joke:

A super tight ashe comes up to a baseball bat and says, "Meow. Care for some Puss n Boots?" The bat says, "What say you get that little thumb outta your mouth and let's go to Japan, check out the new toilets." "Sure," says the ashe, "but how do I know I won't get attacked over there by a Ward Cleaver figurine wielding a sharpened pork chop?" "Don't you worry your pretty little ashe," retorts the tarred up bat, "long as I'm drinking absinthe and bitters, NOTHING's coming at you but me." "Ok," says the ashe, "But I sure hope your'e O Scale, and you'd better not be the one who's been hanging out under my outhouse!"

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:30 pm

Daisy, I swear, this clear plastic umbrella is just for bad weather!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:46 pm

Oh, that was Hodding doing more research for his book.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:22 pm

Tramp, :lol: :lol: I'll drink to that!
Oh, almost forgot, the original Port-A-John:
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:16 pm

Help!! can someone turn my picture into an avatar for me? I'm tired of driving around in this Edsel!!!

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:32 pm

I think ShyGuy can do it sweatheart. But I don't think he hangs out here in the Club Car. Take a trip down into the Forum Technical Support Car to find him, but don't get too lost traveling through those first-class sleeper cabins even if silkky somethings try to lure you in for a nightcap.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:20 am

Jon, true O scale is 1/48, which makes 1/43 too large, and 1/50 a tad too small. A lot of figures are just plain out of scale. Arttista figues are very accurate, but MTH passengers are small, K-line figures huge. Personally I prefer things in scale, except when it comes to tits.

User avatar
spankybird
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:32 pm
Location: Willoughby, Ohio

Postby spankybird » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Jon – those are great looking people. I really like the 19th century ones. I saw them advertised in one of the magazines. You have to remember in Europe, O gauge is 1/43. here is a link

http://rail.felgall.com/scale.htm

This also explains the diecast cars issue of 1/43 being O gauge. Diecast cars followed Corgi from England.
I am a person with a very active inner child. This is way my wife loves me so.
The only difference between Men & Boy Toy Trains is the price and size of the Toy Trains.

User avatar
spankybird
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:32 pm
Location: Willoughby, Ohio

Postby spankybird » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:14 pm

BTW – have you seen the new Scenic Accents New People

I stopped at our local Train Store yesterday and pick up some of the new ‘O’ Scale people by Scenic Accents. :D

Wow – what great detail on the painting – even the buttons on the shirts. :shock:

Image

Image

Image

Image

The detail even on the wood crates is outstanding. As you can see, the price is about $18.00 for 6 figures. :lol:

This is only part of the new people that they have.

tom
I am a person with a very active inner child. This is way my wife loves me so.

The only difference between Men & Boy Toy Trains is the price and size of the Toy Trains.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:02 pm

Tom, I saw those figures in the new Scenic Express catalog. Thanks for the close up shots of them!! And you're right, for 18 bucks they look like a deal. The pooch whizzing on the hydrant is right my alley!!! :lol:


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests