Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
hev52
Posts: 4741
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Hev's Island

Postby hev52 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:04 pm

Damn Pete I should bring my John Deere B up there and help ya make hay.

hev 8)

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:50 am

Hev, Bring the Frick!!!!! :D
Image

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:42 am

News this morning out of Oregon:

CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - A main ingredient in beer may help prevent prostate cancer and enlargement, according to a new study. But researchers say don't rush out to stock the refrigerator because the ingredient is present in such small amounts that a person would have to drink more than 17 beers to benefit.

Jon and tramp are in good shape! :lol:

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:43 am

Hev, let's see a pic!

Also, it says in my 'steam whistle' book that your outfit, the Rough and Tumble, have a regular steam-whistle blow, but I don't see it on their website. You know of this, and/or a date? Is it part of the Thresherman's reunion?

User avatar
hev52
Posts: 4741
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Hev's Island

Postby hev52 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:42 pm

Ok Pete here ya go . think this will git the job done?..........


Image


Here we are goin' for a spin:

Image


I git back to ya on that steam whistle thing. Your book might be referring too our dinner time whistle. Thats when every steam whistle on the grounds blow their whistles.........Ya need the earplugs.......... :lol: :lol:

Did you have a whistle or whistle's that you want to blow?

hev 8)

User avatar
hev52
Posts: 4741
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Hev's Island

Postby hev52 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:48 pm

[quote="highrailjon"]Hev, Bring the Frick!!!!! :D :D

Hey now that would be cool. Probably would take 3 days to git to Pete's............... :lol: :lol:

Hey Jon, got the PRR baggage car today. Did ya git yours yet... :?:

hev 8)

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Hey Jon, got the PRR baggage car today. Did ya git yours yet...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
NO. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Hev, sheee-it! That's a beaut!!
What's the vintage?
And who's that total babe riding on the back? :wink: :D

And where the hell is the engine? You can see right through that thing! It's gotta be under the tin in the front, by the exhaust pipe, no? I can see the air cleaner, looks like mine, an oil bath. How many cylinders?
My hat's off to whoever did the restoration. Jeez that's sweet!

Here's mine, a '49...

Image

...but it's not restored. The guy I bought it from just spray-painted everything, and slapped new decals on it. Spray-painted over the crud, too. When I had the rediator off, I sprayed through it, and was stunned at the sheer amount of crap that came out, 50 years of bugs and chaff. He had sprayed over that too. :roll: I didn't care, I loved it anyway. (I'm a '49 too, part of the reason). I don't have the money to do it right, but I've been doing what I can. The governor was all worn to hell, so I pulled it out and paid an IH dealer in McAllisterville to do it right. I had to take off the grille and radiator to get off the governor, but I could push the throttle fully halfway before I got any response. Now, the response is instantaneous, and it's running strong, but there's so much more it needs, and you can get into some serious money just in parts.

Fascinating though,- from the side, it's basically just a big transaxle with wheels. And there's no frame! The engine block is part of the support!

Image

The hydraulic unit leaks like hell. I bought a gasket kit ($100), and I'm trying to get up the nerve to tackle it. There's an old guy lives in Danville who's the prez of the local IH Club chapter, and I went and asked him if he thought an inexperienced home mechanic could tackle it, and he looked at me for a few seconds, grinned, and said "You're not gonna learn it any younger!" LOL :D

She was dripping gas, too, when I bought it. I'll take a picture of 'why', and post it later. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Del Mar
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Dumber than a sack of hammers

Postby Del Mar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:43 pm

I am beginning to develop a case of tractor envy.

San

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Hev and Pete, those tractor photos are awesome!! :D :D
San, I'm a closet-tractor-freak as well!!! I just went for a cheaper alternative!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Will
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Formerly Delaware Water Gap, PA, now sweltering Miami

Postby Will » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Hey, lets play two! Its a beautiful day for a game. Caught one last week out in fabled Orangeville....

Here's the famed slugger E. Llanso:
Image

And the aging junk ball pitcher P. Llanso:
Image

E.Llanso sends P. Llanso's pitch into left!
Image

But they're still friends:
Image

And, hey, we won!!!
Image

Extra credit: Who and why is that guy in shorts standing out in short right in picture number 4??
Will

Pennsy, still the Standard, or whatever.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:03 am

Will, Perhaps you or your son?

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:03 am

Jon, bingo!

The home team supplies the home-base ump, and the visiting team supplies the base ump. Willie got conscripted!

And, uh, Willie... there's a much better picture of you than THAT, on your camera! Don't be bashful. Believe there's one of you in action. Stick it on here!

Willie's son just got married. He's doing some 'sliding', but it ain't into second. :wink:

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:08 am

Hev, here's the pics of the original carburetor:
Notice the nice paint job;

Image

and all the crud inside the bowl

Image

and the float! One of the two hollow copper floats had broken/leaked, so someone had cut it off, and wired-in a piece of solid plastic! Talk about jury-rigging! No wonder it leaked.

Image

About the whistle- I was thinking they'd have a day where collector's would get a chance to give them a rip, one by one, and hopefully include some impresarios who could get their whistles to 'talk', like Jon's Virginian so to speak, not just hoot.
Yes, I have two whistles, one a single note, the other a three-chimer. I was hoping I could get them to work on compressed-air, and Willie brought his compressor with him. The one-note 'sounded' OK, but nary a note from the three-chime. Trouble is, with a small air compressor, though you have maybe 100 pounds of pressure, you don't get the necessary cubic-feet/minute. Alas. And the other problem, the pressure doesn't last long. With a steam boiler, as you tap-off steam, more water flashes into steam, so the pressure remains almost constant. That's what they'd have to have at a 'whistle-blow'.
Supposedly there's one out near Altoona. I'll research that one.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:08 am

LOL, Pete!! It looks like the only tools in the former owners toolbox were a roll of duct tape, baling wire, and a can of red spray paint!! He must be a Southener, because that's exactly whats in my toolbox!! :lol:


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 188 guests