hev
Hobo Jungle
-
P&R Pete
News this morning out of Oregon:
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - A main ingredient in beer may help prevent prostate cancer and enlargement, according to a new study. But researchers say don't rush out to stock the refrigerator because the ingredient is present in such small amounts that a person would have to drink more than 17 beers to benefit.
Jon and tramp are in good shape!
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - A main ingredient in beer may help prevent prostate cancer and enlargement, according to a new study. But researchers say don't rush out to stock the refrigerator because the ingredient is present in such small amounts that a person would have to drink more than 17 beers to benefit.
Jon and tramp are in good shape!
-
P&R Pete
Ok Pete here ya go . think this will git the job done?..........
Here we are goin' for a spin:
I git back to ya on that steam whistle thing. Your book might be referring too our dinner time whistle. Thats when every steam whistle on the grounds blow their whistles.........Ya need the earplugs..........
Did you have a whistle or whistle's that you want to blow?
hev
Here we are goin' for a spin:
I git back to ya on that steam whistle thing. Your book might be referring too our dinner time whistle. Thats when every steam whistle on the grounds blow their whistles.........Ya need the earplugs..........
Did you have a whistle or whistle's that you want to blow?
hev
-
P&R Pete
Hev, sheee-it! That's a beaut!!
What's the vintage?
And who's that total babe riding on the back?
And where the hell is the engine? You can see right through that thing! It's gotta be under the tin in the front, by the exhaust pipe, no? I can see the air cleaner, looks like mine, an oil bath. How many cylinders?
My hat's off to whoever did the restoration. Jeez that's sweet!
Here's mine, a '49...
...but it's not restored. The guy I bought it from just spray-painted everything, and slapped new decals on it. Spray-painted over the crud, too. When I had the rediator off, I sprayed through it, and was stunned at the sheer amount of crap that came out, 50 years of bugs and chaff. He had sprayed over that too.
I didn't care, I loved it anyway. (I'm a '49 too, part of the reason). I don't have the money to do it right, but I've been doing what I can. The governor was all worn to hell, so I pulled it out and paid an IH dealer in McAllisterville to do it right. I had to take off the grille and radiator to get off the governor, but I could push the throttle fully halfway before I got any response. Now, the response is instantaneous, and it's running strong, but there's so much more it needs, and you can get into some serious money just in parts.
Fascinating though,- from the side, it's basically just a big transaxle with wheels. And there's no frame! The engine block is part of the support!
The hydraulic unit leaks like hell. I bought a gasket kit ($100), and I'm trying to get up the nerve to tackle it. There's an old guy lives in Danville who's the prez of the local IH Club chapter, and I went and asked him if he thought an inexperienced home mechanic could tackle it, and he looked at me for a few seconds, grinned, and said "You're not gonna learn it any younger!" LOL
She was dripping gas, too, when I bought it. I'll take a picture of 'why', and post it later. I couldn't believe my eyes!
What's the vintage?
And who's that total babe riding on the back?
And where the hell is the engine? You can see right through that thing! It's gotta be under the tin in the front, by the exhaust pipe, no? I can see the air cleaner, looks like mine, an oil bath. How many cylinders?
My hat's off to whoever did the restoration. Jeez that's sweet!
Here's mine, a '49...
...but it's not restored. The guy I bought it from just spray-painted everything, and slapped new decals on it. Spray-painted over the crud, too. When I had the rediator off, I sprayed through it, and was stunned at the sheer amount of crap that came out, 50 years of bugs and chaff. He had sprayed over that too.
Fascinating though,- from the side, it's basically just a big transaxle with wheels. And there's no frame! The engine block is part of the support!
The hydraulic unit leaks like hell. I bought a gasket kit ($100), and I'm trying to get up the nerve to tackle it. There's an old guy lives in Danville who's the prez of the local IH Club chapter, and I went and asked him if he thought an inexperienced home mechanic could tackle it, and he looked at me for a few seconds, grinned, and said "You're not gonna learn it any younger!" LOL
She was dripping gas, too, when I bought it. I'll take a picture of 'why', and post it later. I couldn't believe my eyes!
- Will
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Formerly Delaware Water Gap, PA, now sweltering Miami
Hey, lets play two! Its a beautiful day for a game. Caught one last week out in fabled Orangeville....
Here's the famed slugger E. Llanso:
And the aging junk ball pitcher P. Llanso:
E.Llanso sends P. Llanso's pitch into left!
But they're still friends:
And, hey, we won!!!
Extra credit: Who and why is that guy in shorts standing out in short right in picture number 4??
Here's the famed slugger E. Llanso:
And the aging junk ball pitcher P. Llanso:
E.Llanso sends P. Llanso's pitch into left!
But they're still friends:
And, hey, we won!!!
Extra credit: Who and why is that guy in shorts standing out in short right in picture number 4??
Will
Pennsy, still the Standard, or whatever.
Pennsy, still the Standard, or whatever.
-
P&R Pete
Jon, bingo!
The home team supplies the home-base ump, and the visiting team supplies the base ump. Willie got conscripted!
And, uh, Willie... there's a much better picture of you than THAT, on your camera! Don't be bashful. Believe there's one of you in action. Stick it on here!
Willie's son just got married. He's doing some 'sliding', but it ain't into second.
The home team supplies the home-base ump, and the visiting team supplies the base ump. Willie got conscripted!
And, uh, Willie... there's a much better picture of you than THAT, on your camera! Don't be bashful. Believe there's one of you in action. Stick it on here!
Willie's son just got married. He's doing some 'sliding', but it ain't into second.
-
P&R Pete
Hev, here's the pics of the original carburetor:
Notice the nice paint job;
and all the crud inside the bowl
and the float! One of the two hollow copper floats had broken/leaked, so someone had cut it off, and wired-in a piece of solid plastic! Talk about jury-rigging! No wonder it leaked.
About the whistle- I was thinking they'd have a day where collector's would get a chance to give them a rip, one by one, and hopefully include some impresarios who could get their whistles to 'talk', like Jon's Virginian so to speak, not just hoot.
Yes, I have two whistles, one a single note, the other a three-chimer. I was hoping I could get them to work on compressed-air, and Willie brought his compressor with him. The one-note 'sounded' OK, but nary a note from the three-chime. Trouble is, with a small air compressor, though you have maybe 100 pounds of pressure, you don't get the necessary cubic-feet/minute. Alas. And the other problem, the pressure doesn't last long. With a steam boiler, as you tap-off steam, more water flashes into steam, so the pressure remains almost constant. That's what they'd have to have at a 'whistle-blow'.
Supposedly there's one out near Altoona. I'll research that one.
Notice the nice paint job;
and all the crud inside the bowl
and the float! One of the two hollow copper floats had broken/leaked, so someone had cut it off, and wired-in a piece of solid plastic! Talk about jury-rigging! No wonder it leaked.
About the whistle- I was thinking they'd have a day where collector's would get a chance to give them a rip, one by one, and hopefully include some impresarios who could get their whistles to 'talk', like Jon's Virginian so to speak, not just hoot.
Yes, I have two whistles, one a single note, the other a three-chimer. I was hoping I could get them to work on compressed-air, and Willie brought his compressor with him. The one-note 'sounded' OK, but nary a note from the three-chime. Trouble is, with a small air compressor, though you have maybe 100 pounds of pressure, you don't get the necessary cubic-feet/minute. Alas. And the other problem, the pressure doesn't last long. With a steam boiler, as you tap-off steam, more water flashes into steam, so the pressure remains almost constant. That's what they'd have to have at a 'whistle-blow'.
Supposedly there's one out near Altoona. I'll research that one.
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 220 guests

