Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Nicely written Tramp and Pete. I guess you could say as model railroaders no matter what changes take place out our front doors we are able to create the memories we cherished best and preserve them on our railroads. What satisfaction to be had by walking through a door and you're instantly transformed back to the 30's, 40's, 50's! :D
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

The Dirt
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Orangeville, Pa.

Postby The Dirt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Jon, exactly!

That's why everybody loves your layout in particular, which is second to none.

Not only to appreciate the wit and the exquisite craftmanship, but because we get 'transported'.

Well, me, anyway.
:D

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Pete, The Red Sox could use some "transporting" about right now!!! Top of the fifth and they're sucking hind tit!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: I need to call my Yankee's turncoat Dad at tease him!!!!
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:51 pm

I've been thinking real seriously about posting something,,,,,,,,,about something,,,,,but all I do is work and try to take care of the wife and kids as best I can.
I,ll bet I haven't ran any trains in over 5 months,,,anyone else find there selves in this kind of rut?
It isn't bad,,,, I aint bitchin' or nothin',,,I'm thankful I can do what I do!
just doesn't seem to be any time! :shock:
maybe I'm ready for a stiff one,,,,,or two,,huh?
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Penn, Great to see you have the time to check in and say, "hey"!!! :D
I hope things you're way eventually slow down enough to run some trains and drop by for a beer more often!!
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Postby rogruth » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Penn,

I understand.I'm retired but when I was working [high school band director] I never had time to do anything except dream about having a layout.I have one now with very little scenery and do get to run trains now and then.My wife has been having back and leg problems [there have been many others during our fifty four years of marriage] and I do not always get to spend the time I would like with trains but she is more important.

Have fun when/while you can.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:49 am

[high school band director]

GET OUTA HERE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son just made snare drum on the drumline here at TH North high school!
Man am I pumped! I was a member of that band back in 78-81 (drummer of course) HE ALSO WENT ON TO MAKE THE JAZZ BAND THERE TOO!!!! not that I'm proud of him or anything ya know,,,,,,
I told him, when I was there what a HUGE honor it was just to get to try out for the jazz band because we had a bunch of really great drummers then and they were all good guys too! ( I couldn't play better than any of them!) most went on to play with jazz groups around the country and have done really well!
anyway, summer band has been going now and we just returned from Ransburg Boy scout camp yesterday down around Bloomington Indiana and the good ole' IU campus,so now it's on to percussion work shops for Ethan the rest of the summer,,,,(along with putting up hay him and one of his buddy's at church have decided to do this summer) :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's never done that before!!!!! :lol: :lol:
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 5215
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: Freeport, Pa.

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:04 am

Penn, congrats to your son on his latest achievement, and to you for bringin' 'im up right.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

The Dirt
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Orangeville, Pa.

Postby The Dirt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:52 pm

Uh-oh! He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
:shock: :wink: 8)

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Uh-oh! He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

YEAH,,,,,,,,,,,,,and check this out!!!

Image

I now have something to post!!!!
Former SOO Line SD60 headin' south with two Ex Conrail/NS GP38's light to pick up loads at Farmersberg Indiana.

Image
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Who ruined the shot of that locomotive by parking that ugly orange tractor in front of it?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:48 pm

Excellent southern hobo fare, gents! Rib eye's on the grill being basted with butter and garlic, potato salad, with blueberry cobbler made with the blueberries from the bush out front. After lunch a nice cold pitcher of margarita's!!! :D
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 pm

ALRIGHT JON ,,,that's it!,,,I'm kickin' you're *** now!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Penn, Take a number and get in line!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Huh??? You're not that big of a pr!ck are you?
I (untill the tractor remark) always kinda figured you for more of a inflateable love doll beater kinda guy than a fully rounded "whole a33" not "a33 hole" dude,,,,
I mean after all,,,I've seen pictures of you kid,,,and you're wife,,,and they look like real no kidin' red white and blue shure enough good family to me!
"A33 hloes" and "whole a33'",,,,,,they can't do that!,,,,,,(probably why they've become that ,,,you recon)
Looks to me like you're blessed in that area dude!,,,,,,,,,I'm still kickin' you're *** though! :evil: Never make fun of the Orange, man!

Image
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests