
Hobo Jungle
Nicely written Tramp and Pete. I guess you could say as model railroaders no matter what changes take place out our front doors we are able to create the memories we cherished best and preserve them on our railroads. What satisfaction to be had by walking through a door and you're instantly transformed back to the 30's, 40's, 50's!


Running that red block Charlie.
- penncentral8885
- Posts: 3012
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
- Location: Indiana
I've been thinking real seriously about posting something,,,,,,,,,about something,,,,,but all I do is work and try to take care of the wife and kids as best I can.
I,ll bet I haven't ran any trains in over 5 months,,,anyone else find there selves in this kind of rut?
It isn't bad,,,, I aint bitchin' or nothin',,,I'm thankful I can do what I do!
just doesn't seem to be any time!
maybe I'm ready for a stiff one,,,,,or two,,huh?
I,ll bet I haven't ran any trains in over 5 months,,,anyone else find there selves in this kind of rut?
It isn't bad,,,, I aint bitchin' or nothin',,,I'm thankful I can do what I do!
just doesn't seem to be any time!
maybe I'm ready for a stiff one,,,,,or two,,huh?
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Penn,
I understand.I'm retired but when I was working [high school band director] I never had time to do anything except dream about having a layout.I have one now with very little scenery and do get to run trains now and then.My wife has been having back and leg problems [there have been many others during our fifty four years of marriage] and I do not always get to spend the time I would like with trains but she is more important.
Have fun when/while you can.
I understand.I'm retired but when I was working [high school band director] I never had time to do anything except dream about having a layout.I have one now with very little scenery and do get to run trains now and then.My wife has been having back and leg problems [there have been many others during our fifty four years of marriage] and I do not always get to spend the time I would like with trains but she is more important.
Have fun when/while you can.
roger
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH
- penncentral8885
- Posts: 3012
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
- Location: Indiana
[high school band director]
GET OUTA HERE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
My son just made snare drum on the drumline here at TH North high school!
Man am I pumped! I was a member of that band back in 78-81 (drummer of course) HE ALSO WENT ON TO MAKE THE JAZZ BAND THERE TOO!!!! not that I'm proud of him or anything ya know,,,,,,
I told him, when I was there what a HUGE honor it was just to get to try out for the jazz band because we had a bunch of really great drummers then and they were all good guys too! ( I couldn't play better than any of them!) most went on to play with jazz groups around the country and have done really well!
anyway, summer band has been going now and we just returned from Ransburg Boy scout camp yesterday down around Bloomington Indiana and the good ole' IU campus,so now it's on to percussion work shops for Ethan the rest of the summer,,,,(along with putting up hay him and one of his buddy's at church have decided to do this summer)
He's never done that before!!!!!
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
- penncentral8885
- Posts: 3012
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
- Location: Indiana
Uh-oh! He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!
YEAH,,,,,,,,,,,,,and check this out!!!
I now have something to post!!!!
Former SOO Line SD60 headin' south with two Ex Conrail/NS GP38's light to pick up loads at Farmersberg Indiana.

http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
- penncentral8885
- Posts: 3012
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
- Location: Indiana
ALRIGHT JON ,,,that's it!,,,I'm kickin' you're *** now!!!

http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
- penncentral8885
- Posts: 3012
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
- Location: Indiana
Huh??? You're not that big of a pr!ck are you?
I (untill the tractor remark) always kinda figured you for more of a inflateable love doll beater kinda guy than a fully rounded "whole a33" not "a33 hole" dude,,,,
I mean after all,,,I've seen pictures of you kid,,,and you're wife,,,and they look like real no kidin' red white and blue shure enough good family to me!
"A33 hloes" and "whole a33'",,,,,,they can't do that!,,,,,,(probably why they've become that ,,,you recon)
Looks to me like you're blessed in that area dude!,,,,,,,,,I'm still kickin' you're *** though!
Never make fun of the Orange, man!

I (untill the tractor remark) always kinda figured you for more of a inflateable love doll beater kinda guy than a fully rounded "whole a33" not "a33 hole" dude,,,,
I mean after all,,,I've seen pictures of you kid,,,and you're wife,,,and they look like real no kidin' red white and blue shure enough good family to me!
"A33 hloes" and "whole a33'",,,,,,they can't do that!,,,,,,(probably why they've become that ,,,you recon)
Looks to me like you're blessed in that area dude!,,,,,,,,,I'm still kickin' you're *** though!

http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976
"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss
Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 137 guests
