Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:20 pm

2° at the moment.
And, yup. Just cleaned the fire, and poured on another scuttle-full. We're good for the night.
Got a lap-full coming tomorrow, they're guessing a foot. I don't mind the snow, it's the 40 mph winds they're predicting that are the devil to pay. Me with a quarter-mile lane to clear, with only a walk-behind snow-blower. I'll be pissing into the wind with gusting like that.

Ain't gonna be hobo-day.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:28 pm

But then, come Sunday night, we're gonna have ourselves an all-Pennsy NFL final. :wink:

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:31 pm

Damn, brother. Sorry about the wind. And that long drive.

You think those potato peelers can touch the Patriots? Ah, well. It's a pointed ball. Remember that. You can't take a pointed ball seriously.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:40 am

Those tater-peelers already beat the NE Patsys 34-20 on October 31, drop-kicking their what? 20+ game winning streak straight through the uprights.
Hopefully, lightning will strike twice in the same place.

But ain't this what keeps hobos going? Keeps them looking for that next meal, that next slug of anesthesia, keeps them reaching for that next grab-iron, that next wooden boxcar floor, riding for that next dusty town and some little bit of time with kindred souls?.... Hope.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:53 pm

This is hilarious!! Kinda long reading but it gets funnier every page :lol: :lol: Grab a beer and hold on!
http://ogaugerr.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a= ... 6101061602

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:48 pm

Pete, I'm going with the P Peelers, I think. My buddy Jake is a fan, and the Pats have won enough. Great name: Steelers.


Jon, I forgot to mention how much I liked your switch tower. Is there anyway to post our two towers together?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:03 pm

Tramp, Sure! Could you email them to me again? :D

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:02 pm

Here is a shot of Tramp's switching tower. WOW!! This is nice! :D
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:14 pm

Man, I sure could use some tips on weathering!!! Your's looks terrific, Tramp!!
Image

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:00 pm

It's interesting how similar we colored them. You're a very fine modeler, Jon. What color is your interior? I chose that classic green. The same as steam cabs were painted.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:16 pm

Tramp, thanks! My interior is white, but I have furniture on the way including a bathroom! I did the floor in a weathered oak look with stains around the switch handles from all the floor traffic. When it's complete I'll post the interior.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:18 pm

I did my floor like that too. Let me know what you get for the interior. Arttista has a switch operator. I placed my lantern in the same place.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:37 pm

You guys just kill me. It's so sweet.

Hey, maybe I could make a tower even if I can't get trains. If it wasn't a total nightmare, I could send it to one of you to use! It just looks fun. Or maybe something besides a tower. Where do you get them?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:49 pm

Daizzie!! You don't remember? You passed out in the tower last night!!! :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:53 pm

When I awoke, you were gone!! nothing but a bitter- sweet mammary :cry: :cry:
Image


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests