Hobo Jungle
-
P&R Pete
Yeah, Willie came out to visit.
The day of, I told my son, Evan, that he was coming. Evan, slightly unsure, points at me and asks... "The jokester?"
I LMAO!! Yes, Evan, one and the same!
I've said it before. Willie draws my kids like iron filings to an electro-magnet. First thing, he had Evan out throwing the baseball, then he was pitching to the kids, with his best Ed Norton wind-up. Then he was kicking the soccer ball around with Airborne, then dancing with the daughter. Next, there were the pool races, (Willie always coming up, oddly, an armlength behind), and a spirited game of 'Marco Polo'.
But the most hilarious was the half-hour ride to the game with Will and Evan, when Will fomented a 30 minute philosophical argument that Superman was the better superhero over Spiderman. Evan, with encyclopedic knowledge of Spiderman, held his own! I could hardly keep the Escort straight, for laughing.
Poor Will. He stayed overnight, (too hung over from a case and a half of beer), and slept on a pull-out sofa in our family-room. I came downstairs in the morning to find Willie still sacked-out, but joined on the sofa by all three kids, who had the TV blaring.
Then we fired up his air compressor, and got the whistle going, and thereafter, Will was back on the road.
Alas, the hobo is packing up and moving to Florida. Gone will be the fun, the insults, the hilarity, clowning with the kids, the beer and cigars, Willie's excellent chili and annual Christmas peanut brittle, and our annual family trek to the Shawnee-on-Delaware theatre to catch Will's set-designs on the Christmas play, if not his acting and singing.
But all good things must end, and acceptance must be made. Before he goes, though, I'm going to find a way to separate him from his sketch book, filled with beautiful gorgeous pen-and-ink drawings of his area in the Delaware Water Gap. I'll ply him with cash, but I'll steal without shame, if I have to.
Fair warning, friend.
The day of, I told my son, Evan, that he was coming. Evan, slightly unsure, points at me and asks... "The jokester?"
I LMAO!! Yes, Evan, one and the same!
I've said it before. Willie draws my kids like iron filings to an electro-magnet. First thing, he had Evan out throwing the baseball, then he was pitching to the kids, with his best Ed Norton wind-up. Then he was kicking the soccer ball around with Airborne, then dancing with the daughter. Next, there were the pool races, (Willie always coming up, oddly, an armlength behind), and a spirited game of 'Marco Polo'.
But the most hilarious was the half-hour ride to the game with Will and Evan, when Will fomented a 30 minute philosophical argument that Superman was the better superhero over Spiderman. Evan, with encyclopedic knowledge of Spiderman, held his own! I could hardly keep the Escort straight, for laughing.
Poor Will. He stayed overnight, (too hung over from a case and a half of beer), and slept on a pull-out sofa in our family-room. I came downstairs in the morning to find Willie still sacked-out, but joined on the sofa by all three kids, who had the TV blaring.
Then we fired up his air compressor, and got the whistle going, and thereafter, Will was back on the road.
Alas, the hobo is packing up and moving to Florida. Gone will be the fun, the insults, the hilarity, clowning with the kids, the beer and cigars, Willie's excellent chili and annual Christmas peanut brittle, and our annual family trek to the Shawnee-on-Delaware theatre to catch Will's set-designs on the Christmas play, if not his acting and singing.
But all good things must end, and acceptance must be made. Before he goes, though, I'm going to find a way to separate him from his sketch book, filled with beautiful gorgeous pen-and-ink drawings of his area in the Delaware Water Gap. I'll ply him with cash, but I'll steal without shame, if I have to.
Fair warning, friend.
-
P&R Pete
Time for some slithering.
A man went fishing one day. He looked over the side of his boat and saw a snake with a frog in its mouth. Feeling sorry for the frog, he reached down, gently took the frog from the snake, and set the frog free. But then he felt sorry for the snake. He looked around the boat, but he had no food. All he had was a bottle of bourbon. So he opened the bottle and gave the snake a few shots. The snake went off happy, the frog was happy, and the man was happy to have performed such good deeds.
He thought everything was great until about ten minutes passed and he heard something knock against the side of the boat. With stunned disbelief, the fisherman looked down and saw the snake was back with two frogs!
San
A man went fishing one day. He looked over the side of his boat and saw a snake with a frog in its mouth. Feeling sorry for the frog, he reached down, gently took the frog from the snake, and set the frog free. But then he felt sorry for the snake. He looked around the boat, but he had no food. All he had was a bottle of bourbon. So he opened the bottle and gave the snake a few shots. The snake went off happy, the frog was happy, and the man was happy to have performed such good deeds.
He thought everything was great until about ten minutes passed and he heard something knock against the side of the boat. With stunned disbelief, the fisherman looked down and saw the snake was back with two frogs!
San
- Will
- Posts: 303
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Formerly Delaware Water Gap, PA, now sweltering Miami
We did have a good old time. Pete's family is a lot of fun to hang out with in case you haven't guessed already. Only regret is I didn't get to see how the Incredibles turned out.
Yes, I got conscripted into umping, but I don't believe I missed a call.
True, I'm going to Miami, though its not official yet, but I'm sure that distance can't dampen my friendship with Pete- there will just be less in person visits, that's all. He's the one close friend I've made that I actually met on the internet- over at OGR actually.
Anyway, they showed me the money and after years of starving artist status, I figured it was time. The baby is off to college and London this fall. So before I headed for Little Havana, I figured I needed an old fashioned Pennsylvania Little League fix, and boy, did I get one.
Yes, I got conscripted into umping, but I don't believe I missed a call.
True, I'm going to Miami, though its not official yet, but I'm sure that distance can't dampen my friendship with Pete- there will just be less in person visits, that's all. He's the one close friend I've made that I actually met on the internet- over at OGR actually.
Anyway, they showed me the money and after years of starving artist status, I figured it was time. The baby is off to college and London this fall. So before I headed for Little Havana, I figured I needed an old fashioned Pennsylvania Little League fix, and boy, did I get one.
Will
Pennsy, still the Standard, or whatever.
Pennsy, still the Standard, or whatever.
Neat lookin old A Pete. Boy the way that dude rigged up the carb-float............
......thats how they did it. Amazing how it still worked.
My John Deere B is a 1950. The engine is a 2 popper. It lays vertical in the frame. An Amishman painted it and I rebuilt the engine. He put like 5 coats of laquar on it.
I check on the whistle thing and they told me they didn't have an area where they do that but, if an engine has an open port we could put on there and let her rip. If you come down to the reunion in Aug with your whistles I'm sure I can git your whistles on something.
What's the Goodyear blimp doin' up there in your neck of the woods ?
hev
My John Deere B is a 1950. The engine is a 2 popper. It lays vertical in the frame. An Amishman painted it and I rebuilt the engine. He put like 5 coats of laquar on it.
I check on the whistle thing and they told me they didn't have an area where they do that but, if an engine has an open port we could put on there and let her rip. If you come down to the reunion in Aug with your whistles I'm sure I can git your whistles on something.
What's the Goodyear blimp doin' up there in your neck of the woods ?
hev
they showed me the money and after years of starving artist status
Good for you. About time.
The baby is off to college and London this fall.
Boy, that one is tough. I was gratified by the independence of our youngsters. Persian (now American for many years) wife had notions of them staying here and in the extended family until marriage. D1 is an attorney in SF. D2 (gradual student finally got degree) is on a buying trip for her store in Bali. Empty nest syndrom reigns supreme. But it is a time for us to renegoitiate the marriage for lust, the marriage for children, the marriage for companionship. If you are fortunate, you get all three in different proportions as life moves on with one person. If not, you have your higher self.
Was this the graceful young lady who balanced on the railroad tracks? That was a classic shot. If you have it around, please repost. It was inspirational.
How did such an ugly bunch of hobos produce such beautiful children?

-
Frank53
-
P&R Pete
Hey you guys, thanks for the kind words about my baby.
I liked that picture because I thought it made her look older than her 7 years. Two ladies at work, however, thought she looked like something from "The Omen"! LOL
Here's one much more in character!
And here's Willie's sweetie, in a beautiful shot by Will:

I liked that picture because I thought it made her look older than her 7 years. Two ladies at work, however, thought she looked like something from "The Omen"! LOL
Here's one much more in character!
And here's Willie's sweetie, in a beautiful shot by Will:

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 222 guests

