Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:31 pm

Hev! I say gawd-DAMN!
Looks like you had an awesome day!
Happy belated, you hobo!

Freakin' GREAT pictures, thanks for posting them. Do those guys allow spectators to hang around? You'll have to get a tape or an audio file of those things rolling around... no one can appreciate them until you hear them in action.

I got a book on steam whistles. There's a mention of 'festivals' where guys bring their steam whistles and hook them up to a boiler, and spend the day blowing them, chimes and banshees and whatever they have.
As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry ag... *oops*, I mean by God, I'm going to find one of those and get to it this summer.

"Frick"... LOL!
Look up 'frick' in the official "coalspeak" dictionary!
http://www.coalregion.com/Speak/speakA.htm

And check out the steering mechanism on that steam-roller! Chain-driven! Man, that's the NUTS!! I believe the tractors use the same method.

Hev, is that PTO flywheel going all the time? I would have thought you could gear them in when you want. What's the vintage of that thing? On my '49 farmall, I can shift the PTO into gear, but I can't back-up with it engaged. This might be an evolutionary step-up from your tractor. Later tractors have a differential of some sort, so that the PTO can keep rolling inj either direction, a nice feature when you have to mow in a tight spot into which you can't drive in forward.
Last edited by P&R Pete on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Del Mar
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Dumber than a sack of hammers

Postby Del Mar » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Loardy, Hev, that looks like fun. And, you don't have to worry about flats!

San

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:12 pm

San, LOL!
Unless it runs over your foot!

User avatar
hev52
Posts: 4741
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Hev's Island

Postby hev52 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:11 pm

Pete:

That's the clutch that you see spinning. If you look at the picture where their firing up the engine you will see a handle on the left side of steering wheel at 10:00, thats the clutch handle. When you push it forward it engages. When you pull it back it's disengaged To the left of the steering wheel at 9:00 there is another handle. Pull that the whole way back ..you go forward. Push it to the middle your in netural. Push it forward you are in reverse. (It sorta *** backwards)..... :lol: :wink:........ In between them 2 handles is the throttle. If your good on the throttle you can run this engine at a snail's pace. I think the engine is a 1924.
Here's Rough & Tumbles website I been a member here since I was 10 yrs old:

http://www.roughandtumble.org

Oh yea Pete, how long did you chase Tweetie......... :lol: :lol:

hev 8)

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:40 pm

Hev, LOL, you sh*thead!! :D

I sent you a return e-mail about it.
I went for it hook, line, and sinker!
signed,
Jessica Simpson :cry:

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:33 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEV!!!!!!!! Great shots of you on the iron monster!!!!
My trip to the coast this weekend was rewarding as I was finally reunited with my gift from Pete!!!!!!! It looks kick-ass on the mantle next to the NYC tin cup, Pete!!! You're a true Brother. :wink: Thanks, again. :D
Image

User avatar
hev52
Posts: 4741
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Hev's Island

Postby hev52 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:28 pm

Thanks Bro............... :wink:............The lantern looks right at home on your mantle................. :wink:

hev 8)

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Postby webenda » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:17 am

Happy Birthday Hev.

Hey, thanks for the tip on the Tucson train show. It was a bonanza.
But now my wife wants to know how much all that cost! What do I tell her?
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Postby rogruth » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:46 am

Ask her how much her shoes { whatever } cost . Works for me . :wink:
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:13 pm

14,289 posts. Jeez. If I knew that much crap my head would explode. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Postby rogruth » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:05 pm

Jon , who ? where ? how ? why ?
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:27 pm

Bug--dimm light--dark bug--greeenish light--bug--yelloooowish light--darkness

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:26 pm

Warm sunny skies, cool green grass, water-balloon-wars!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:36 pm

. . . and nicely mown grass. I was just out mowing because tomorrow it's supposed to be rain again.

Jon, do you live in a park?


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 170 guests