Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:42 pm

Well, camping at Epping probably ain't like doing a weekend in the infield at Darlington or Talledaga (you won't need your great grand-pappy's Confederate sword in case you need to settle an arguement with the next door neighbors)! The track should have all the info; I think there is a campground there, and I know we used to stay about 45 minutes away, right near the shore someplace (Portsmouth?). You can probably get the list of info right from the raceway - that phone number is 603 679-8001 ; here is the weblink complete with the 2005 schedule - http://www.newenglanddragway.com/tracki ... kmap.shtml
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:19 pm

My latest kit project. Pewter, brass, and wood.
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:20 pm

Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:21 pm

Image

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:12 pm

Jon, is it you painting those turned-up cuffs a slightly lighter shade of faded jean blue?


Please tell me you didn't scratch build that. Please!

Amalie, thanks! Will you be there?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:29 pm

Tramp, It's not scratch built. It's a white metal kit from www.locopainter.com It took about 4 hours to assemble and paint.
The figures come pre-painted, but I weather them and add my own touches like coal dust, mud, and sweat stains.

User avatar
clouser
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Southern NJ

Postby clouser » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:56 pm

Jon that looks great!
clouser

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:44 pm

Hey! I want to go to Epping too. I've even got my own tent.

Jon! You coming? Promise to bring coal dust, mud and sweat stains?!

User avatar
jperrine6
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: Limerick Pa.
Contact:

Postby jperrine6 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:35 pm

Tramp:

Never did care much from drag raceing...See who can get nowhere the fastest...Give me the circle stuff from NASCAR to the World of Outlaws. Grew up on sprints around the Burgh. But as the little woman says " to his own each".

Jim
==========KEEP IT ON THE RIGHT TRACK=======

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:49 am

Good morning. Jim, I went down to Daytona a couple of weeks ago to do some magazine work on the '06 Dodge Charger introduction (Mopar Muscle cover story for May '05). I like watching that stuff too but drag racing was always like a joust or a gunfight - bring the best you can and give it all you got, and then its over - you either win or go home. Unless you go yourself and see the nitro cars actually run and go 0-330 mph in 1320 feet, it is not something you can describe (in fact, I've been doing this on and off since 1985 and I still have a hard time explaining it).

Back to railroadin', I just took the plunge and joined the TCA. My dad has been a member for ten years or more. I'm going to try to get up there for the York show in April and help him sell his custom-buiilt structures.
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:37 am

Amalie, I'd be happy to post some of your dad's work.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:40 am

Daisy, I don't have a tent. But I do have wine, beer, and a half a box of moon pies. :D

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:45 pm

Beer, wine, and a half a box of moon pies is about all I need in this world. Aside from you mooning the forum! Oh Pleeeeeeeeease! A virtual moon! Just think of it!!!!!!

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:50 pm

Geoff, the book looks great, and that cover is a stunner. I'm in for a signed-copy, order's been made. I'm always looking at postcards on ebay, as there's always good one's of local roads, me being in the middle of the anthracite roads with the Pennsy, Lehigh Valley, Erie, DL&W, the Reading, et. al. Never got started buying 'em though, as I could see it being the first needle in the vein, and the good ones get bid right out of sight.
Besides, most of my disposable income goes to keeping the redhead happy. And out of jail.

My 7 year old son is working himself into dirtbike riding, but he loves racing no matter what, and he goes nuts at a local dirttrack for micro-sprints. Haven't taken him to the drags yet- sometime this summer. Ever been to Numidia Raceway, by chance?

And goddamn, there is no sound like the ragged, crackling idle of a nitro-methane dragster. That's what does it for me.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:58 pm

Dufus, bud, sweet to hear from you. Appreciate the tin cupful of nitrowadka. First slug of Gold(tm) in a long while. Went down like the Nectar of the Gods.
Glad all's well with you and the missus, you hobo you, and I'll raise my last swallow to the two of you.
Stick your nose back in every so often. We get thirsty here without you.

Now if only Stiff would show up and sit a spell...


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 130 guests