Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:40 am

Amalie, any more of those Blue Comet postcards around? Any reproductions?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:01 am

Amalie, Welcome to the forum!! Actually I stumbled across the picture on the internet and was curious about its origin as well. You may be on to something about it being Canadian, as the hedgerow by the tracks would be about right!!

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:06 am

Tramp, that Blue Comet card is pretty rare which is why it was on the cover of the book; most of the postcard collectors did not get the toy train connection with it. It was a lucky find at a show; the only other one I ever saw brought some serious coin on ebay. I can email you a scan if you want; I haven't figured out how to post images on this forum yet. It is also up on the website.
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:07 pm

amalie, I would be happy to post it if you email it to me, Jon

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:06 pm

I'm posting this for amalie. She's a beauty. Thanks for sharing!
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:04 pm

The Comet train would sure be a great cover page or header for the forum. Any chance, Bill?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:50 pm

Here's another post from amalie. A NYC K-5!
Image

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:01 pm

Ah, two more screen savers. That Comet card is a killer. Might be worth making a reproduction of it. I'd certainly buy a set.

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:14 pm

Tramp, I've given that some serious thought. I don't think there are any copyright issues as the railroads and the postcard companies are both history. Frankly, Im sitting on a couple dozen cases of books I self-published right now, so Im not doing anything like that until I finish paying that run off. I've got 4000-5000 cards here; might be an interesting enterprise to do ten or a dozen as a set. The limited/streamliner/interior stuff is really cool; I've also got lots of wrecks, depots, etc. I'll try to send Jon a couple more later on.
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:23 pm

Here's my oldies post for today. Chicago, circa 1930's. The days of steam were glorious to some. Then there were the others. I sure hope this kid had a chance to make something of herself. I know Jimmie or Luke would have saw to it. :wink:
Image

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:43 pm

Hey, what's going on in here? There are so many beautiful pictures everywhere. Clouser, I loved yours in Shenanigans! Truly. And these postcards, I collect old postcards too, but I don't have any of trains. Mostly bridges, mountains, and deer.

So, what does that big cylinder on the top front of the engine do?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:55 pm

Daisy, it provides hot water/steam to the passenger cars. How was the comedy club?

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:56 pm

Why....eeerrrr, Hiya, Daisy! Why, that's a feedwater heater; it keeps that steam real STEAMY...
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:11 pm

Hmm, yes, big cylinders often produce steam for passengers. Thanks for the beautiful pictures Amalie, I love that Comet.

Jon*N&n~N! The comedy club was the best. I've never seen so many guys use a microphone to simulate masturbation. Made me feel prudeish in comparison. Prudish? Thanks for the jug of wine beforehand.

Dufus
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Idaho America

Postby Dufus » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:32 pm

:) Howdy folks!

Just because I do not post often does not mean that I forgot all my pals on the train forum. I am doing fine in Arctic Idaho. I am settling into married life and I can't really say I miss being single. I am probably just too anal for all those loose ends.

I wish you all the best! Tramp, Petey, Jackie, Stiff, Willie, San Diegan and RR Rocky!

Here's to some fine folks! (I am hoisting a tall beaker of Idaho Gold from my private stash!)

Love to all,
Dufus :)


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 120 guests