Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:56 pm

I might not be able to claim this as an O scale scratch built first. But when it's "showtime", I bet I will. :D (no horse thievery on this layout).
Image

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:35 pm

I am having a fantasy that the gallows scene would be a focal point at York. The OGR moderator and Zimmer (assuming they are different) swinging and ice cream for all. I would join TCA and attend for that.

Stone Mill Models has the necessary equipment for a scene adjacent to the gallows.

Image

San

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:36 pm

LOL,San!!! :lol:

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:48 pm

New information has surfaced concerning the M versus L lawsuit! My sources tell me that what actually happened was that Mike's miniature research & developement team (actual O scale sized people!) were lured away from the factory under false and misleading pretences. Shown is a rare photo of the miniature team at work on a Railkling prototype loco.
Image

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:57 pm

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear redheaaaaaaaaaad,
happy birthday to youuuuu!!

Hobo life ain't got no frills, but tonight i'se going all out, and adding garlic to the mulligan, in honor of my farm-girl bride.
(She caught the main ingredient wit her bare hands!)

Fresh case of Labatts, too. Y'all help yourselves, but ya gotta raise one to the lady!

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:29 pm

Pete, With brew in hand, a toast to the Lady!!! :D

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:27 pm

A tip of the hat to the redhead, Petey. You know, you really shouldn't run around with a nineteen year old like that. Her daddy's gonna wup you if you git caught.

Father of Daughters,

San

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:34 am

Sorry I missed the party. I was on the phone with my therapist working out my issues of rejection over my Projects for Drunkards thread. No big deal. She says I'll be over the major twitch in a few weeks.

Happy Birthday Kim! Our favorite redhead.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:02 am

Bill and I thought it was an interesting post to respond to. You're doing better then me, I'm doubling my medication from rejection. :cry:

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:07 pm

"I just hoped"—sniff—"that someone might want to"—sniff—"learn how to do just one of my projects." Wipes eyes. "I'm staying here in the Jungle from now on."

Jon, you, rejected? The medication sounds good, though.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:13 pm

Tramp, I for one would like to see some photos of how you made the drumheads and your engine detailing. If you would pass them on to me, I would love to post them. Hey, maybe we can cry together in a beer this afternoon? Also most posts outside the jungle have to consist of something train/sex related, is my guess. Try this for your next "how to post": "How To Paint Perfect Nipples On Your O Scale Babes." :D

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:46 pm

The Redhead wants to convey her 'thanks', with a special *wink* to San for his nice compliment. She also got a hobo-serenade(!), though it was on the answering machine, as we were away from the campfire awhile. On the 'plus'-side, she liked it so well that she has removed the tape from the machine, that it may be saved for posterity.
(Hell, his voice even gives ME goosebumps!)

San, I ain't worried about her dad. He's a dyed-in-the-wool Pennsylvania cowboy (and one hell of a horseman and marksman). He had two kids, both girls, and then Kim's sister had three kids, all girls. Then this hobo shows up, courts his other daughter, and first thing, produces a male heir. I was in-like-Flynn.

She modeled her new red 'teddy' for me and my camera last night. I'd share, but dang, I can't post pictures here! :wink:

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:42 pm

Pete, The birthday party sounded great!! But I feel it is my duty to offer to post the pictures if you change yer mind! :lol:

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

Postby amalie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:48 am

After seeing the link over on the CTT line yesterday, I thought I'd catch a freight out and find out what's up here. I immediately went to the club car and quickly discovered that this place is a riot! So, I got me some fresh-ground joe this morning to clear out the cobwebs and I'll bum around a bit. Hope ya don't mind...
Flirtin' with disaster...

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

hirailjon's steam pic

Postby amalie » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:53 am

BTW, hirailjon, while reading the past posts, I saw the image on page 100 of the two steamers passig the hedgerow. Looks like CP up north of the border. Is that correct...
Flirtin' with disaster...


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 139 guests