Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:00 pm

Can we start drinking earlier today?

Here's a poem for Clouser. Forgive if I've posted it before.

MAYBE

There is an object somewhere,
A part of you since birth,
You always know where it is
Like a compass to north;
Your father held it fondly for years
In his since dead hands as you fondle it
Now, your palms across the patina of
Wood or metal or hide. For
You have enshrined it with the sense
That somehow within, is the wisdom of
All that you long for and
All you have let pass by.

Allow me a bar as a sanctum,
Where the neon torments quietly
With its lazy bent beauty and
The beer sign turns so slowly
It almost stills the beating heart;
The bar back lies so calm in darkness
Like all twice-fucked lovers,
The barman so coolly cordial,
The barmaid so coolly sensual,
And the forever jukebox thumps out
Those same moist, drying songs as
We order again and again:
"Oh, so hard to leave,
So easy to stay . . ."
The booth wood firm against the back,
The body seeps languid with the clock,
For here the door might open to eternity
An angel gliding in from the mist,
Or be closed again with certainty
As the finished leave for home.

But maybe against all odds,
My lost father will walk
Through this barroom door,
And I'll nod to the barman
Who will know my father's drink,
And I'll place into my father's hand
The object--carefully preserved
And tenderly polished--
And my dad will smile.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:53 pm

Tramp, you'll have to start without me. I've got a couple hours to go. Very nice poem. I'm glad you posted it again.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:41 pm

It's annoying but I can't remember which poems I've posted. Oh, well. And I'm not going back over all 108 pages. I guess Clouser already read this one. I thought it was my other sad dead father poem I'd put up.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:19 pm

Tramp. it's new. Jon misunderstood, when you mentioned your concern about posting it before. I've never seen it, and I would have remembered.
Regardless, your poems play just as well a third, a fourth, a nineteenth time around, let alone a second. You go ahead and post at will, whenever it strikes you.
Otherwise, we'll be forced to reprise them for you.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:13 pm

Pete, thanks. I guess I did'nt state it right. I meant that even if it was posted before, it's still a pleasure to read it again. I'm soo00 misunderstood!! :cry: :cry:
Ok, I'm home. Drink up, boys!! :D

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:22 pm

Hey, Jon's here! All right, brother. Can you I get you a frosty? A string cheese? A hot wing? I was ten in 66 as well, but I had those dorky Buster Brown shoes and wasn't allowed to chew gum. I did however seduce every girl in the neighborhood between the ages of 6 and 14. When ALL the mothers realized it was me and descended on my mother--life ended for a while. My father always beat me with a belt on my bare ***, but I never cried. My mother told me that later. It really freaked my dad, she said. After it was over (the beatings) I just stared at him, never made a sound. I remember the beatings, but not my silence.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:48 pm

Sure! A cold one would be great! Thank you, brother. I can still recall the sting of my father's belt as well. Not to say that I did'nt deserve most of my whippings. I think at that stage of my childhood girls were more of a curiosity. Now that I'm older, I'm completely puzzled!! :lol:

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:01 pm

The crazy thing is I remember every girl. It took me until I was eleven to work them all in. But then it was over. I really got in so much trouble. But when I think of it now--why?
Last edited by Tramp on Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:22 pm

What did you do to them?



I never got the belt. They never believed I did anything, thought I was lying to cover for my brothers.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:03 pm

Sex. It varied with every girl. They were all different and wanted different things. Kathy Marshall was the 14 year old. I remember her like a sharp point to the . . .

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:33 pm

***! Sharp point to the ***? Oh. Maybe heart. ***? Heart?

You had sex when you werer 10! How meow of you reow! And that's why all the mom's flipped. GOD i loved sex when I was 10.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:35 pm

Here's a site that has some nice pictures and neat RR info from where I was raised in Geneva, N.Y.
http://www.trainweb.org/rshs/GRS%20-Geneva,%20NY.htm

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:58 pm

It was nice walking down to the game. It was -5 out, wind blowing so hard you HAD to turn you back to it. The snow drifted like sand dunes. No one in the bar but a few friends. Made it nice. Those Pats play good ball.

Jackie Blue

Postby Jackie Blue » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:26 pm

I missed the game. Both my computer cable and television cable have been and still are not functioning. They cannot be fixed until Wednesday or Saturday (whenever the repairman comes out). I could have watched it in a local bar, but my area of town is like a little Tijuana - not a place where a lady walks (or drinks) alone.

User avatar
clouser
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Southern NJ

Postby clouser » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:22 pm

Thanks Tramp,
I really appreciate that.
clouser


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 121 guests