Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:56 pm

Tramp, I used brown umber for my morter, but now I see the white you used has a much better visual contrast against the red brick!!
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:01 pm

Dassszzy, you can order it from JusTrains at 1-888-453-9742 for 19.95 plus shipping. Ask for the Atlas O switching tower kit. We'd be glad to help!! :D

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:11 pm

Jon, I didn't use white. It's my cement color, which is white and umber and a little ochre, I think. Hard to remember. I washed it on and then just before it set, rubbed hard with my finger to clean the bricks. Then you paint a bunch of individual bricks about 6 different shades of brick tones. I lit my outside sconce and my interior. I also removed some of the shades so you can see in more.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:42 pm

Tramp, You never know, unless you ask! Thanks for sharing some tips!! Do you have that other kit by Atlas? I think it's a station house or something.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:45 pm

Tramp! Need a night shot, with the lamps lit! Let's get to it, damnit.
Will made a warehouse, with lamps along the outside under the eave overhang, as well as interior. It was a beautiful model in daylight, but at night, with the roomlights out and the model lit....WOW!! Freakin' unbelievable.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Jon, I have the station with double platforms. It stretches out over 4 feet. Nice building. I also have a switchman's shack.

Pete, I know, I know. Where are Will's shots? Where's Will?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:39 am

Yikes! It went from 68 degrees yesterday to 22 degrees this morning. I know, thats bikini weather for you Yanks!! I'm on the last leg of drill weekend and I'm hoping to get home, build a nice fire and watch the Pats. :D

User avatar
spankybird
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:32 pm
Location: Willoughby, Ohio

Postby spankybird » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:14 am

Jon – last week we went from 71 deg and 6 hours later to 31 and snow :shock: . BTW its 10 deg with 20 mph winds and over 12” of snow in NE Ohio. :(
I am a person with a very active inner child. This is way my wife loves me so.
The only difference between Men & Boy Toy Trains is the price and size of the Toy Trains.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:25 am

-3 in Pittsburg with a windchill way below that. It's looking a lot like winter up here too.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:55 am

BTW, beautiful job, youse guys, on those switch towers. They're both gorgeous.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:04 am

Yeah! I think I'm gonna trade my loincloth in for a set of long johns!! :lol: Hey our Captain is pretty cool, he's gonna dismiss us at 1500 this afternoon so we can catch the game. :D

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:13 am

It's plenty warm down here! Plus I have a hot tub. Maybe you should all come down, I'm sure my husband won't mind. "Who are they? Well, they're all these guys I met on-line. They have huge smoke stacks and call me Daisy."

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:14 am

Tramp, this is the other structure I was wondering if you had built. It's Walthers Cornerstone Series Interlocking Tower #933-3309. Anyone interested its available from www.walthers.com and is on sale today for 25.98 marked down from 39.98. Not a bad deal!
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:23 am

The military is watching out for me!!
Last edited by 2railjon on Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:43 am

LOL, Daisy!!!! I'm on my way!! :D


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 101 guests