Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Stone Cold Mold Man hat on today. The mission is to mold 20 brick walls to K.O. the roll-up door view from my layout. The reward is for every mold I pour and complete- I get a beer. Wonder how far I'll get!?!? :shock: :D :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Did we lose you Mold Man? :D

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:19 pm

Naaaa..... 10 molds-10 beers plus maybe a couple extra I snuck in. :lol: :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 5215
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: Freeport, Pa.

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:46 pm

The wife and I went to dinner at Appleby's today, and I ordered an Iron City with my meal, but they only had IC Light, so I ordered a 23 oz. Sam Adams, since I've never had it. The tall glass arrived, and me, bein' horribly color blind, asked the wife what color the beer was, as it was very dark. "Orange" she said.

Now, I don't remember ever drinkin' a beer that looked like KoolAid, so I took a big slug, and I'm here to tell 'ya, I don't know what all the hoopla is about. A very heavy lager, actually I thought it was bitter, with an extreme hoppy taste. (And the sucker cost $6.00). I was forced to order a Bud just for a chaser. The closest taste to SA that I can remember is the Aussie's Fosters.

Anyway, the full rack of honey barbecued ribs were just awesome, as was the grilled shrimp and the wife's combo fajita with steak and chicken. A pretty decent experience for under $60.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:57 pm

A very heavy lager, actually I thought it was bitter, with an extreme hoppy taste.
Spoken like poetry!!! Welcome to my world!! SA isn't for everyone. :wink:
Enjoying a partially cloudy sunset on the property. Life is good. :wink:

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
AG
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 7:41 pm
Location: Boynton Beach FL.

Postby AG » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:27 pm

WOW!
this is your back yard??
Mitch SA is not bad at all, personally I like but not all of 'em
Jon, I found Dogfishhead 120 minutes, but cost $9.00 just 12Oz.
anyway I will try it.
A.
"You can checkout any time you like, but you can't never leave"
www.riverleafmodels.us.

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 5215
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 2:06 pm
Location: Freeport, Pa.

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:29 pm

So you really dig those heavy hopped beers, eh, Highrailer. To each his own, I guess that's why we have so many choices. I remember drinkin' 4 of those Fosters Oil Cans in about a 3 hour period, and the next day I thought I'd been run over and ground up by a bulldozer! :lol: :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

User avatar
jperrine6
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: Limerick Pa.
Contact:

Postby jperrine6 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 pm

When we went up to Conn. for my son's wedding, after the wedding we went to a friends house along the river and all they had was SA on tap. Both my other son and my son in law wouldn't even drink it cause they thought it was so bad, As far as my son in law, if HE wouldn't drink it it must have been pretty bad. Another time we were in Conn they took us to a restrant and I asked if they had Black and Tan Yuengling and they said yes. I forgot what it was they brought but it was no Yuenling,



Jim
==========KEEP IT ON THE RIGHT TRACK=======

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Postby rogruth » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:47 pm

My son lives near Hyde Park,NY.When he last visited here ,he brought some Mothers Milk.I think it was ale.Surprisingly,I liked it.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 am

Andre, That's the front yard. Not as much to mow as Pete's yard, but still enough!!!
That Dogfishhead beer is some wicked good stuff!!!! I believe my friend's last trip through here on his way back home brought some of the 60 and 90 minute IPA's with him from Florida. I can't get it around here. :cry:
Running that red block Charlie.

The Dirt
Posts: 3067
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:54 pm
Location: Orangeville, Pa.

Postby The Dirt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Jon, that picture is freakin' BEAUtiful!! My new desktop background.

I don't have grass like that, nowhere near. I just mow the weeds.
I may have more field, but your lawn is WAY bigger than mine.
Might be time to let your wife have a power mower instead of that little rotary push-mower you got her for Mother's Day!

Man, I would love to get down there some time. Me and Lancaster gotta catch us a fast freight. Couple of lawn chairs and some brews and good company and the kids running around laughing and shouting... be a sweet time indeed. I'd love for you to meet the redhead. She's the only person I know as godd*mn crazy as you are. Cut you two loose and I can sit back and laugh my *ss off.
But that sure does look like beautiful countryside around there.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Pete, My door is always open for an extra hobo or two, with cold brews kept in the fridge. :wink:
As you can see from the pix I did upgrade Kathy's mower!! I'm a heck of a guy, Hey?
Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:50 pm

What happened to our hobo Pete and the reconditioned tractor? I'm concerned about the silence because I like the guy.
That a life will be spent gaining inches,
When this distance is read in miles.

User avatar
AG
Posts: 5017
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 7:41 pm
Location: Boynton Beach FL.

Postby AG » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Nice front yard Jon!!
I think my whole house fit in a half.... :lol: :lol:
The good new are fedex accept to ship wine... :wink:
Andre.
"You can checkout any time you like, but you can't never leave"
www.riverleafmodels.us.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:23 pm

The good new are fedex accept to ship wine...

:D :D :D :D
Running that red block Charlie.


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 174 guests