Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:17 pm

NEWS FLASH FOR PETE: Lantern, dad, yup! HUGE yup.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:05 pm

HOBO FLASH:

Tramp and I are sitting here in front of the tree, ice storm outside, hot home-made soft pretzels and gravlaxed salmon inside, and we're drinking beer out of our PRR tin hobo cups from Pete. Tramp swears the beer tastes better out of them and I gotta agree.

Mmmm. So fine.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Beer good. Tin mug good. Gravlax good. Fresh oysters good. D? Verry verrry good.

User avatar
penncentral8885
Posts: 3012
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 pm
Location: Indiana

Postby penncentral8885 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:23 pm

Late jumppin' in here! WOW!!! :shock: What a tree! Very nice!
Got a Microsoft flight simulator 2004 for Christmas!!!!! EVERYBODY BETTER DUCK,,,,,,'cause I'm commin' to an ariport near you!!!
I've already got a 767-400 in the air and couldn't get it on the ground!
I did see the runway as I flew over crossways at 400'!!!
http://www.indianarailwaymuseum.org/

Turn to the dark side!,,,,Penn Central 1968-1976

"from there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.",,,,,Dr. Seuss

User avatar
MartyE
Posts: 3414
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Kodiak Junction, U.S.A.
Contact:

Postby MartyE » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:15 pm

D and T very nice tree. Makes me sit back and go awwww. Sittin' with a brew catching up on some 'puter stuff.
"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit."
MartyE.com and KodiakJunction.com Home to Kodiak Junction U.S.A.

User avatar
rogruth
Posts: 24452
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm
Location: pembroke,ga

Postby rogruth » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:58 pm

Daisy,The P&LE ran from Connelsville,PA through Pittsburg to Ashtabula,Ohio via Youngstown and opened in 1879 and became part of NYC in18789.It separated from PennCentral in1979,operated independently until 1992 when most of it went to CSX.Other parts went to various shortlines.Hope this helps.I have been a rail fan all of my life.I live in Georgia now but am originally from eastern Ohio.I just started back into modeling since my high school days many years ago and have really enjoyed this forum. roger
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:13 am

Poured the brew into the Erie tin cup and it tastes mighty fine.

Taught the youngest (Rozie, our 22 year old gradual student) how to make pizzelles. Generational knowledge being passed on. I learned from my grandmothers. Rather than bother with teaspoons of batter, we use a pastry bag to get the right amount on the iron. Divided the batter into three: Vanilla, Anise, and Lemon flavored. While we have the modern Villa electric for indoor use, tonight we used the heirloom irons over the outdoor hearth. It's a good trick to get the iron hot enough, dispense the dough, and then heat the iron with batter in the fire (about 30-60 seconds). All in all, we made about 120 of them; 30 are unaccounted (eaten by various family members and backyard wanderers). We formed flats, rolls, and cones (I made the cone form in junior high school on a lathe). I managed to get through this and let Rozie do the work and stay hands off. You can give a woman a fish or teach a woman to fish. This is working out. Finally.

San

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:16 am

Penn, LMAO!
It's a b*tch, isn't it, when those d*mn airports rotate the landing strip on you? LOL

Lemme know if and when you're going to do any fly-bys over Pennsylvania. I'm gonna get the wife and kids into the basement!

I had one of those in my hand at a Staples. Sounds like a hoot.
Probably more fun watching you take out the control tower and terrorizing the town than trying the game myself!

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:23 am

San, that's a riot!
Not so easy, trying to massage your kids into independence!

We feel your pain with the cooking results. Kim made toll house cookies with the kids on the weekend. Of course, the three are 10 and under, but she lost half the batter to little fingers.
Honest, I swear, no foolin', I had no part in the purloining. :oops:

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:31 am

BTW, I'm pleased no end that you all like the cups like I do. Again and again, Merry Christmas to me!

I worried a LOT they'd be met with blank stares.

If only in the drinking, one could envision where they've been, how they've been used, held by whose hands, witnessed what life-events. I'd wager they all have stories. Now we can add some of our own.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:58 pm

I'll drink to that, Bro!!!!!! Thank you, again!!!!!!! :D
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:15 pm

Third! Boy do I need one.


Mail? Talk to me.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:28 pm

I've still got another hour to kill here at work, Bro :cry: :cry: :cry:

Did you rescue Long Dong and Juicy Lucy from their cardboard prison yet? :lol: :lol: :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:47 pm

You mean old thimble dink?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:01 pm

LOL!!!! The poor ****** ain't got much to brag about does he!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 126 guests