Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
capt_turk
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:47 am
Location: Ocklawaha Florida
Contact:

Postby capt_turk » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:07 pm

As I am back on the tug and will probably be out of phone range at sea, for the holidays. I'll take this moment to say,




I wish you all the health and happiness that is possible.
May you all have a joyous and pleasant holiday.

And I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Too (O)ld for (n)scale by (30)years.
http://raspberrygulch.org

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:16 pm

We wish you smooth sailing, Capt, and a Merry Christmas to you, indeed !!!!! :D :D (bring me back a mermaid) :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:21 pm

San, Jon, seemed like the natural thing to do for such a worthy pair of hobos. And, I'm just pleased these cups, used in friendship so long ago, will get to 'live' again for that which they were made.
And Miss D, you are beyond welcome, you hobo. You are such a welcome asset to this group of bums!

I'm thrilled you all find them worthy. Merry Christmas to me!

Daisy and Tramp, that tree is sublime, exquisite. And what a beautiful picture. Daisy has done it justice. Please, if you can, get another with the candles lit. That is something that I have never seen.

Capt, you take care, and Merry Christmas to you also.

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Postby webenda » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:53 pm

Image

T&D's tree... pink, magenta, and violet... gorgeous!
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Postby webenda » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:09 pm

December 23, 2005
A surfer died in the waves off Carlsbad State Beach, as a powerful swell continued to drum the county's coastline.

San! Are you still with us?
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:34 pm

Petey,

The Erie cup and coal are tops. They are going upstairs in the standard gauge room since that's where such things belong. Tradition.

It was the card and warm message that brought a tear to my eye.

If ever we all hook up and meet, that's going to be quite a grand time. And I'll bring that cup.

Merry Christmas you hobos.

San

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:12 pm

Webenda,

Thanks for your concern. Carlsbad is not far from me (about 10 miles up the coast) and I am aware of the death.

There's a time to come in and not make yourself a problem for the lifeguards. But waves of that size are dangerous, regardless of skill and confidence. Poor guy; I feel for his family. At least he went doing something one can have a passion about and not at a desk at work.

San

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Postby webenda » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:51 am

San! :lol: :lol: :lol: Alright dude!

The lifeguards never seemed to notice when I wiped out.
I would stand up after being ground into the sand for about
a minute and find not a single one had noticed.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
webenda
Posts: 15413
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:05 pm
Location: Columbia

Postby webenda » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:29 am

Image
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

User avatar
clouser
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Southern NJ

Postby clouser » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:43 am

Webenda

Okay that was too funny.
My wife spit her coffee on my screen...:)
clouser

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:40 am

Webenda, LMAO!!!!! Are you sure I should be at the controls and not passed out in the clubcar?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:42 am

Petey, This is a pretty stunning Christmas card you designed!!!! Any particular story behind it?

Image
Running that red block Charlie.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:14 am

Webenda, I love our train! So funny! I'm finally a real hobo in a boxcar. And thank you for the tree too with all the colors. Merry Merry Christmas to you.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:21 am

Pete, that is a beauty. Mine isn't here yet. Mail? What's up with the mail? Jon, any mail? I'm biting my nails here.

Wayne, that is too funny. You got it right: I've felt like a caboose all my life.

If I can keep D sober enough, we'll post a shot of the burning tree. D's mom is certain it will burn down the house.

San, any menu items to share? My 6 pound wild salmon is almost fully gravlaxed. Turkey is going in the brine. (Pete, I got a perfect grain-fed massaged young happy turkey for less than half what I paid at that damn coop from my supermarket. Life is too easy sometimes. It was even exactly the poundage I requested.)
Last edited by Tramp on Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tramp
Posts: 4735
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Down East
Contact:

Postby Tramp » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:26 am

BRINING! I managed to buy three cases of FRESH beer. I'm gonna get brined.


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 100 guests