Hobo Jungle

Play nice and have fun... AS OF JULY 12 2025, THIS FORUM IS LOCKED.
User avatar
jperrine6
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: Limerick Pa.
Contact:

Postby jperrine6 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:19 pm

Jon:

Looks like the one and only Daisy...

Jim
==========KEEP IT ON THE RIGHT TRACK=======

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm kind of undecided about the coal load. I prefer the look of a fully loaded hopper as opposed to an empty one, but the plastic insert looks kind of cobbled compared to a real load. Any ideas on how you might improve it , I'd like to hear!!
Image

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:22 pm

Jim, correct you are!! Is she cute or what?? :D

User avatar
jperrine6
Posts: 728
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:28 pm
Location: Limerick Pa.
Contact:

Postby jperrine6 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:37 pm

Jon:

Yes she is...about the coal load. I read somewhere about putting gule on the top and sprinkleing coal on top of it out of s bag. I would try it on something else first.

Jim
==========KEEP IT ON THE RIGHT TRACK=======

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:44 pm

Jim, I tried that once on one of my Weaver hoppers and after the glue set, I turned it over and all the coal that was piled on top just fell off because it did'nt contact the base coating of glue. It looked pretty silly. I hope there is a better way!!

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Saturday evening sunset, hazy crimson plate half-sunk into the horizon. Swirling back-lit dust kicking-up behind them after bouncing across the railroad tracks, 3 boys with thumbs over their beers readjust their hats and motor down the dirt main street in a dented chevy pickup, heading toward the pool hall with weeds sprouting from the cracks in the sidewalk, sagging wooden benches, faded clapboard, tired screen door that bangs in the wind, bare bulbs under tin shades over eight worn tables. The boy in the middle leans forward and twists the bakelite knob on the AM radio and cranks up the tinny volume on Hank Williams Sr., and a poorman's chorus fills the night:

"Why don't you love me like you used to do,
How come you treat me like a worn out shoe,
My hair's still curly and my eyes are still blue,
Why don't you love me like you used to do.

Ain't had no lovin' like a huggin' and a kissin' in a long, long while,
We don't get nearer or further or closer than a country mile,

Why don't you spark me like you used to do,
And say sweet nothin's like you used to coo,
I'm the same old trouble that you've always been through,
So, why don't you love me like you used to do.

Why don't you be just like you used to be,
How come you find so many faults with me,
Somebody's changed so let me give you a clue,
Why don't you love me like you used to do.

Ain't had no lovin' like a huggin' and a kissin' in a long, long while,
We don't get nearer or further or closer than a country mile,

Why don't you say the things you used to say,
What makes you treat me like a piece of clay,
My hair's still curly and my eyes are still blue,
Why don't you love me like you used to do."

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:02 pm

Overheard in the background on a morning radio show, amidst discussing Prince Charles' upcoming marriage to Camilla Parker-Bowles:

"Man, that's gotta be one dusty uterus!"

Jackie Blue

Postby Jackie Blue » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:04 pm

That's one of my favorite Hank Williams' tunes. Mom used to dance around the kitchen in her underwear (no air conditioning and it was Texas), cooking our dinner, and singing that song. It was also played a lot on the set of "The Last Picture Show," which brings back fond memories of flirting with Jeff Bridges. God! Now that made me smile!

I'll cruise with you in that fine car, Tramp. I love the interior space in those vintage babes. Nothing like it now. We can take Route 66. I know a good place to shoot pool in Winslow, Arizona where the beers are kept on ice. The natives are pretty friendly too.

P&R Pete

Postby P&R Pete » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:41 pm

Yessir, ma'am. That poolhall's owned by Sam the Lion.
I'm goin' to go finish this six-pack out by the tank, throw a line in, watch the wind roll over the water.
Y'all be careful out on 66. I want to hear about 'er when you get back.
Last edited by P&R Pete on Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

San Diegan

Postby San Diegan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:42 pm

...
Well goes from St. Louie down to Missouri
Oklahoma City looks oh so pretty
You'll see Amarillo and Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernadino
...

Makes you want to get on the highway and drive.

Whenever I turn on a radio in an old car, I keep hoping it will play the music from that era.


Oh man. This has got to be one of the cornerstone concepts for the Jungle. It's right up there with the poetry of Marshall, Sly the lisping snake, the Watenman, and Idaho Gold (TM).

I am humbled to be present for this.

San

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:36 am

Speaking of traveling tunes:
Image

Lyrics for Song: Can't You See
Lyrics for Album: Marshall Tucker Band

I'm gonna take a freight train down at the station, Lord
I don't care where it goes
Gonna climb a mountain, the highest mountain, Lord
And gonna jump off, ain’t nobody gonna know
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman, Lord
She been doin' to me
Can't you see, oh, can't you see
What that woman, been doin' to me

I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall,
I’m gonna crawl inside and die
’Cause my lady, now a mean old woman, Lord
Never told me goodbye
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman she been doin' to me
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman, she been doin' to me

I’m gonna buy me a ticket as far as I can,
I ain't never comin' back
I’m gonna take me that south-bound,
All the way to Georgia now,
‘Till the train it run out of track
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman, she been doin' to me
Can't you see, oh, can't you see,
What that woman, what she been doin' to me

amalie
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Tweestie country
Contact:

tuned on Friday mornin'...

Postby amalie » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:33 am

Blackfoot - up of the charts to 38, 1979..
TRAIN, TRAIN

Oh, here it comes

Well, train, train, take me on out of this town
Train, train, Lord, take me on out of this town
Well, that woman I'm in love with, Lord, she's Memphis bound

Well, leavin' here, I'm just a raggedy hobo
Lord, I'm leaving here, I'm just a raggedy hobo
Well, that woman I'm in love with, Lord, she's got to go

Well, goodbye pretty mama, get yourself a money man
Goodbye, pretty mama, Lord, get yourself a money man
You take that midnight train to Memphis
Lord, leave me if you can
Oh, take that midnight train to Memphis
Lord, leave me if you can
Oh, take that train, baby

It's probably been up here before, but worth a repeat...
Flirtin' with disaster...

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:41 am

Jon, you poor thing! Don't worry, I haven't left you, no need to jump off a mountain and crawl inside a hole in the wall! And for Christsakes don't go to Georgia and never come back, whatever you do! I was just at work all day and night yesterday!

Those were two of my favorite pictures, thanks, so very very fine.

ps. also, i just haven't been the same since san gave me some of dufus's old potato liquor up in his zephyr thread. YOW! TELL ME what that stuff did to me. i've been transformed. not sure if that's good or bad yet.

User avatar
Daisy
Posts: 1341
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Location: B&M

Postby Daisy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:43 am

Hey Jon. Got anything ultra fast, Italian, yellow, starts with L for me to zip past Tramp in so he's sorry he picked up that other girl instead of me?

User avatar
2railjon
Posts: 15906
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:33 pm

Postby 2railjon » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:41 am

Daisy!! Actually I was modeling you in a 55 corvette, yesterday!! And it just was'nt you. I'll tinker around a bit. :D What's for lunch today? Texmex or pizza?

Amalie, I just heard that song on the radio yesterday. From the late 70's was'nt it?


Return to “The Club Car Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 110 guests