Electric cars

Play nice and have fun...
Rufus T. Firefly

Re: Electric cars

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:06 am

robert. wrote:Less wasted tape if i just tape my eyes shut. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or just turn it off and discontinue the cable, etc. Save money and brain cells both.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:11 am

HONDO74 wrote:
healey36 wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of Silver Convention's "Get Up and Boogie".

I remember the 70s and disco but I don't remember the Silver Convention
SILVER CONVENTION - get up and boogie (1976)

I remember the name of the group, but couldn't place any of their songs???

Those lyrics were really catchy....must of taken 5 or 10 seconds to write that number!
Only problem was, every time they sang a line, my right index finger went out of control and lunged toward my right nostril.

The audience was really into it.....I didn't notice ANYONE even blink let alone make a move to pick a boogie! Were they mannequins?

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:27 am

At least 5 years ago, I taped a dark piece of cardboard over the camera on my PC. The next boot up, there was a message, (I think from Google), that my camera was off. Consistently spying! I also never leave the computer in "sleep mode". I'm a poor sleeper and one time the computer waking up woke me up. WTH is it doing? I shut it down every night, and boot back up in the AM. Besides Windows Defender, I also use PCMatic and at least do a Quick Scan every couple of days and a Full System Scan every 8-10 days. Recently I started using Command Prompt and run chkdsk, whereupon the first time I ran it, Windows made several repairs in the drivers and the exe files. (Do that about once a month, then use Command Prompt to run sfc, scannnow (one word System File Check). I formerly also had SuperSpyware (free edition), but when I ran into a problem where PCMatic could only get as far as the drivers when attempting to run a scan, I was advised by PCMatic to un-install SuperSpyware as they said there was a conflict. (PCMatic sends in a complete computer report when obtaining a trouble ticket). There are literally 1000s of hackers out there just waitin' to steal your information and rob you blind.

BTW, some of the biggest names in Anti-Virus software will tell you that some of the freebies also install malware! :evil:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

healey36

Postby healey36 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:08 am

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:31 pm

Good ol’ Rufus gave me advice , quite some time ago, to get SUPERAntiSpyware, and I have used it ever since, everytime I complete using my laptop for a session.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:44 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Good ol’ Rufus gave me advice , quite some time ago, to get SUPERAntiSpyware, and I have used it ever since, everytime I complete using my laptop for a session.

I use it monthly; takes 4+ hours to scan my primary computer. I also run Malwarebytes periodically. But I also keep multiple backup copies on external drives. Redundancy can be your friend.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

v8vega

Postby v8vega » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:06 am

I bought a 2018 Chevy Bolt premier yesterday, 30,000 miles, looks like new. It was a lease return, Priemier means all the options which I wanted. Has a lot of back up aids that I want and need. I'm only average with computers if that and everything is controlled by computer on this car, I have a lot to learn. I have been reading about and watching YouTube videos on Bolts for some time and checking the ads and I knew what I wanted and the prices, I got a good deal.
This is likely my last car. I'm retired and all my driving is local, 110 volt charging will be fine with me. I'm keeping my Integra, it has been reliable but things do happen to old cars.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:49 pm

I continue to drive my wife's 2012 Mercedes Benz, which to date has just 8,048 mi on it. I took it into the dealership last year in May and gave them carte blanche to replace - not repair - anything that might predict trouble for the future.

An example of the Service Department's advice was that the wipers had been jumping across the windshield, which indicated they were dry and needed replaced, if I wished. I did.'They also indicated that since the mileage was so low on my 2012, that the tires might, likely, be dry, too, and could be future trouble. I had them replace all four tires, along with other appropriate attendant mechanisms among the wheels.

I don't want trouble from any vehicle, so I've always been strict about replacing, not repairing, trouble makers. My wife and I always liked leasing cars, and then, if it were a very dependable vehicle, we'd consider buying it, which is how we got the 2012, brand-new.

I'll be making an appointment in May for another thorough examination of everything of the 2012. I customarily wait in the dealership for them to complete the effort.

I always get lots of offers, from neighbors and even from workers at the dealership, to sell the car. Nope. It's now mine, and I can't let
it go, since it was hers, and I very much like its styling, agility, road-holding and comfort.

P.S. Regarding electric cars, I don't ever intend having one; in fact, if I won one or was given one for free, I'd give it away; no way would I drive an electric car, not even a Benz.

daMurph :D

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:29 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:'They also indicated that since the mileage was so low on my 2012, that the tires might, likely, be dry, too, and could be future trouble. I had them replace all four tires, along with other appropriate attendant mechanisms among the wheels.

When the car is up on the lift, you walk over and look at the tread. IF you see cracks replace the tires.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:53 pm

E7 wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:'They also indicated that since the mileage was so low on my 2012, that the tires might, likely, be dry, too, and could be future trouble. I had them replace all four tires, along with other appropriate attendant mechanisms among the wheels.

When the car is up on the lift, you walk over and look at the tread. IF you see cracks replace the tires.

Yes, that’s what they indicated was the case, which had been suggested by the material of which the wipers were made. Just because the car was driven so little, that didn’t mean, apparently, that the tires were okay; rather it was the age of them that indicated the possibility of dryness and cracking and possible fissures. I learned something, there.

E7

Postby E7 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:53 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Just because the car was driven so little, that didn’t mean, apparently, that the tires were okay; rather it was the age of them that indicated the possibility of dryness and cracking and possible fissures. I learned something, there.

I have a small 2008 pickup that just turned 20K last year. Same problem....plenty of tread, but fine cracks. Replaced them, Windshield wipers are the second problem....lousy rubber. A lot of the ones at auto parts stores are expensive crap. Guessing what you can get at your Merc. dealer are superior. No electric vehicle here as long as I can get/afford gas.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:17 am

In the News on CBS this morning, a new Corvette has been revealed, the “E-Vette” they called it = all electric.

E7

Postby E7 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:59 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:In the News on CBS this morning, a new Corvette has been revealed, the “E-Vette” they called it = all electric.

I think we can put that in the "So What" file.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:08 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:In the News on CBS this morning, a new Corvette has been revealed, the “E-Vette” they called it = all electric.

Did they say what decade it would be on sale....not on order? GM and Ford have down a lot of talking and very little actual delivery.

Did see a Rivian truck a few weeks back.....

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:56 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Did they say what decade it would be on sale....not on order? GM and Ford have down a lot of talking and very little actual delivery.

Did see a Rivian truck a few weeks back.....

First hybrid Chevrolet Corvette sold for $1.1 million. Here's why
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/first-hybr ... ld-million

The Corvette E-Ray features an all-wheel-drive hybrid powertrain that has an electric motor driving the front wheels and another assisting its 6.2-liter V8.
It has a combined 655 horsepower and can acellerate to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds and cover a quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds, making it the quickest Corvette and General Motors vehicle ever built.
Its 1.9 kilowatt-hour battery pack can't be charged from a plug, but does allow it to operate in an all-electric Stealth mode at speeds under 45 mph for a couple of models when fully charged by its regenerative braking system and the excess energy created by the engine.

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”