Defense Attorneys.. Why and How

Play nice and have fun...
up148

Defense Attorneys.. Why and How

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:28 am

Defense attorneys have always bothered me. Sure, everyone needs a defense attorney and wants the best they can get, regardless if they are innocent or guilty. But, during the past 20-30 years, good defense attorneys are those that can use a technicality to get a guilty person off. The law should not allow a guilty person to be turned loose just because of a technicality. Guilty is guilty. There is no common sense used in our legal system on either side.

Saw this article this morning and made me see red. Once again some very smart defense attorneys are going to do their magic and try to get an obviously (IMHO) person off.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/el-chapo-mov ... 11317.html

Not saying I would want a court appointed attorney, but to allow him to use organized crime Attorneys is just too much for me. I can't imagine better defense attorneys in the world. If this f*ck gets off, when he is sooooooooooooo guilty, it's a true travesty of justice.

BH

HONDO74

Re: Defense Attorneys.. Why and How

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

If the prosecutors do their job he won't get off.

In the article I thought this was interesting.
"But there is a sticking point: the quartet want a guarantee that US prosecutors will not seize their legal fees as part of the $14 billion forfeiture they are seeking of Guzman's alleged drug profits."

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:30 am

HONDO74 wrote:In the article I thought this was interesting.
"But there is a sticking point: the quartet want a guarantee that US prosecutors will not seize their legal fees as part of the $14 billion forfeiture they are seeking of Guzman's alleged drug profits."

Everybody wants to get paid, :wink:

Amusing - that almost provides a confession of the source of the funding.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, before you trash defense attorneys, wait until you actually have a real need for one - just dealing with traffic court will make your head explode went you spend some time dealing with that system and learn how it really works. :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:25 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, before you trash defense attorneys, wait until you actually have a real need for one - just dealing with traffic court will make your head explode went you spend some time dealing with that system and learn how it really works. :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree and all are not bad. Just saying there are some really nasty, smart, streetwise defense attorney's out there that know who to break the law legally. My opinion...

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am

up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I agree and all are not bad. Just saying there are some really nasty, smart, streetwise defense attorney's out there that know who to break the law legally. :? :? :? :?

I rather strongly suspect that they are matched in equal number by prosecutors of the same morals and ethical....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:34 am

Ever see a prosecutor retire and become a defense attorney? How can you spend your whole career thinking people are guilty? Then flip flop to everybody gets free on a technicality.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:56 am

robert. wrote:Ever see a prosecutor retire and become a defense attorney? How can you spend your whole career thinking people are guilty? Then flip flop to everybody gets free on a technicality.

Ever consider that some might get free because they were not guilty or is everybody automatically guilty :roll:

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
robert. wrote:Ever see a prosecutor retire and become a defense attorney? How can you spend your whole career thinking people are guilty? Then flip flop to everybody gets free on a technicality.

Ever consider that some might get free because they were not guilty or is everybody automatically guilty :roll:

I'm talking about the obviously guilty parties (it you've never felt this way then ????) where there is no doubt, not people wrongly accused of crimes. This ******* drug lord is guilty as sin. If we were to give him some of his own justice, we'd just whack off his head or fill him full of bullets. But, being the sophisticated society we are, he will be given a fair trial and we can only hope his defense team won't find something overlooked or done incorrectly by the arresting officers or soe other loophole that lets him go free.

BH

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm

up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I'm talking about the obviously guilty parties (it you've never felt this way then ????) where there is no doubt, not people wrongly accused of crimes. This ******* drug lord is guilty as sin. If we were to give him some of his own justice, we'd just whack off his head or fill him full of bullets. But, being the sophisticated society we are, he will be given a fair trial and we can only hope his defense team won't find something overlooked or done incorrectly by the arresting officers or soe other loophole that lets him go free.

No, this should be obvious, but something done incorrectly that invalidates evidence seems inevitable given the international nature and that this is at the Fed level.

Sadly, we have to go through this since it's also pretty clear that he's just going to buy his way out of anywhere else.

So, OJ's out.......... :roll:

robert.

Postby robert. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Will O.J. Get a reality show?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

No, this should be obvious, but something done incorrectly that invalidates evidence seems inevitable given the international nature and that this is at the Fed level.

Sadly, we have to go through this since it's also pretty clear that he's just going to buy his way out of anywhere else.

Yeah, remember the Dirty Harry movie about the judge who had his own hit squad to take care of obviously guilty criminals that were acquitted due to a technicality...............we need that now. :D :D :D

BH

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

up148 wrote:
Yeah, remember the Dirty Harry movie about the judge who had his own hit squad to take care of obviously guilty criminals that were acquitted due to a technicality...............we need that now. :D :D :D

BH

Down in El Salvador they have La Sombra Negra ( The Black Shadow ) is a mysterious paramilitary organization that is part death squad, part vigilante group, and dedicated to responding in extreme kind to MS-13's ruthlessness. MS-13 members captured by La Somba Negra purportedly have been sexually tortured and dismembered before being dispatched with a bullet, their bodies left to be discovered by family or fellow gang members.

While La Somba Negra, believed to be made up of police and military members, is not active in the U.S., where President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions have declared war on MS-13, they have proven a major deterrent to the gang's activities in its homeland.

MS-13 doesn't fear Trump, rival gangs or the police - but they are terrified of La Sombra Negra
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/02 ... negra.html

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:27 pm

up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:

BH

Judge Dred?

up148

Postby up148 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
up148 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

BH

Judge Dred?

Never saw it or knew of it so I looked it up. Magnum Force on Steroids I guess. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
BH

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”