How Stupid Are They?

Play nice and have fun...
HONDO74

Re: How Stupid Are They?

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:13 pm

robert. wrote:I think for prices are up higher than they claim. Most stores have a price they set as the standard price for an item. They usually sell it for less than that set price. This allows them to raise the price during emergencies and get away with it. IE. a bag of pretzels. Set price $3.99. They sell it for $3.49. 50 cents below their regular price. Today they sell it for $3.19 and claim it only went up 19 cents. Yet i'm paying 70 cents more than a year ago. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Better check the content size as they are reducing the amount in the bags to reduce the cost.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:32 am

What is it with people especially Americans that think they can fly around the world with their drugs and get away with it ?

Russia sentences US teacher to 14 years for cannabis smuggling
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61849579

A Russian court has sentenced a former US diplomat to 14 years in prison for "large-scale" cannabis smuggling.

Marc Fogel had previously worked at the US embassy in Moscow, but was employed as an English teacher in the city at the time of his arrest.

Fogel was sentenced in the same jurisdiction that is hearing a marijuana-related case against US basketball star Brittney Griner.

Cannabis is legal in many parts of the US, but remains illegal in Russia.

"The American citizen Fogel has been found guilty," a court in the Moscow suburb of Khimki said in a statement.

The news release said that the English teacher had committed "large-scale drugs smuggling" in addition to "large-scale illegal storage of drugs without a commercial purpose".

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:27 am

HONDO74 wrote:Better check the content size as they are reducing the amount in the bags to reduce the cost.

they've been doing that for decades - used to inflate the bags, puff them up to make them look "full", too.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 am

HONDO74 wrote:What is it with people especially Americans that think they can fly around the world with their drugs and get away with it ?

What is it with people especially Americans that think they can cross over boarders commit criminal acts, and get away with it and also think that the laws of their home country still apply to them?

Given that our ave. citizen is just slightly brighter than an appliance bulb, has at best a marginal education, etc., and it able to outwit a turnip, well, it's no wonder this level of stupid/ignorant happens.
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Brittney Griner pleads guilty to Russian drugs charge
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62084185

US basketball player Brittney Griner has pleaded guilty to drug charges in a Russian court but has denied deliberately breaking the law.

The Olympic gold medallist was detained in February at an airport near Moscow when cannabis oil vape cartridges were allegedly found in her luggage.

"I was in a rush packing and the cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag," she told the court in Khimki.

Her trial began last week on charges that could mean 10 years in jail.

Griner's wife earlier called on President Joe Biden to do "whatever is necessary" to secure her release. Mr Biden told Cherelle Griner he was working to have her freed as soon as possible.

The 31-year-old basketball star, who is accused of possessing and smuggling drugs, had already sent the president a letter saying she was "terrified [she] might be here forever".

cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag :wink: :lol:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm

She was going to be found guilty no matter what - real stupidity was just going to Russia.

gregj410

Postby gregj410 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:35 pm

HONDO74 wrote:Brittney Griner pleads guilty to Russian drugs charge
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62084185

US basketball player Brittney Griner has pleaded guilty to drug charges in a Russian court but has denied deliberately breaking the law.

The Olympic gold medallist was detained in February at an airport near Moscow when cannabis oil vape cartridges were allegedly found in her luggage.

"I was in a rush packing and the cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag," she told the court in Khimki.

Her trial began last week on charges that could mean 10 years in jail.

Griner's wife earlier called on President Joe Biden to do "whatever is necessary" to secure her release. Mr Biden told Cherelle Griner he was working to have her freed as soon as possible.

The 31-year-old basketball star, who is accused of possessing and smuggling drugs, had already sent the president a letter saying she was "terrified [she] might be here forever".

cartridges accidentally ended up in my bag :wink: :lol:

I wonder if she makes it back to the US if she’ll stand for the national anthem? Joey the Dunce says this is a priority but I think he said the same thing about reducing gas prices. So long Britney :lol:

robert.

Postby robert. » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:35 pm

On Jan 23 2022. the USA warned Americans " Don't travel to Russia". Some 20 days later she was arrested.
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:04 am

robert. wrote:On Jan 23 2022. the USA warned Americans " Don't travel to Russia". Some 20 days later she was arrested.

As I stated: real stupidity was just going to Russia.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:46 am

Here’s why teens are dressing up in suits to see ‘Minions: The Rise of Gru’
https://www.ky3.com/2022/07/07/heres-wh ... -rise-gru/

(CNN) - The minions are back.

The latest movie in the “Despicable Me” franchise, “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” is out now.

The would-be villain and his yellow henchmen are partly driving audiences back to theaters, but so is the latest TikTok trend, aptly titled “gentleminions.”

From the U.S. to Australia, young people are dressing up in formal wear – usually a suit and tie – and sometimes causing chaos at the theater. They upload a TikTok video of themselves cheering, leaping, and yelling at the screen in glee.

It’s unclear why this trend has taken off, but TikTok users are saying it’s just for fun. Many groups have not caused issues.

Unfortunately, some “gentleminions” are not acting so gentlemanly. Some theaters have seen light vandalism and upset children. A few theaters are even banning people from buying tickets if they’re dressed in suits.

In one TikTok video, one theater posted a sign that read, “Due to recent disturbances following the #gentleminions trend, any group of guests in formal attire will be refused entry for showings of ‘Minions: The Rise of Gru.’”

However, Universal Pictures is embracing the trend, tweeting last week, “To everyone showing up to @Minions in suits: we see you and we love you.”

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:17 am

young people are dressing up in formal wear – usually a suit and tie –

That's actually impressive.

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:28 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

I"M impressed also
They upload a TikTok video of themselves cheering, leaping, and yelling at the screen in glee.

How did they get the camera's or cell phones into the theater and take videos. That's against the rules.

Just some young thugs getting and early start on life. :wink:

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:37 am

HONDO74 wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

What I was impressed by was what I extracted out -- I'm surprised that they even own a a suit and tie, and can even tie a tie.

How did they get the camera's or cell phones into the theater and take videos. That's against the rules.

People have been taking their phones in to theaters for many years - as far as I know there's no rule against carrying it in there, calling and/or texting while there; rude and annoying, but then that's folks that own smart phones - entitled gits. BTW, the worse ones are the senior citizens.........

Using it there to copy what's on the screen is what's illegal.

Just some young thugs getting and early start on life. :wink:

You have a very broad definition of "thug"; usually denotes someone associated with violent action. This is mere silliness combined with stupidity.

OTOH, they are having fun and could be doing so many other worse things like going to apolitical rally, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

robert.

Postby robert. » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:05 am

We need more FUN in life. What would the Rockey Horror Picture Show be if people sat on their hands?
I spend entirely too many hours a day tying my shoes

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:50 am

robert. wrote:We need more FUN in life. What would the Rockey Horror Picture Show be if people sat on their hands?

That reminds me of this from the Drew Carey show

The Drew Carey Show - Time Warp & Groove Thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCGKYSMeA38

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”