Why.

Play nice and have fun...
MurphOnMillerAve

Why.

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:20 pm

OK, here's a new spot for those questions that have no real answers or solutions, I suppose. So here goes:

Here's one from me, one I have absolutely no answer, rhyme or reason for (like Trump's hairdo):

WHY is Kim Kardashian famous? AND why do we keep her famous? Are we that horny?
She does not dance, sing, play music, act (assuming prancing around and grinning at the slightest hint of a camera being near requires no acting skills), practice law, advance science or medicine, engineer and/or design new structures, educate, excel at sports, including car racing, wrestling, or boxing, or win Noble prizes . (Have I covered it all?)

Why? Whatthehump did she ever do besides grin at cameras? Is that a skill? Noteworthy? Who has done this to us - shoved her to the front of the pack? And is that rear-end shelf even real?

webenda

Re: Why.

Postby webenda » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:WHY is Kim Kardashian famous? AND why do we keep her famous? Are we that horny?

And is that rear-end shelf even real?

Kim Kardashian is a marketing genius. And what she markets is herself. And you just bought it by asking the question. If you don't know if you are that horny, who would know? Kim has an x-ray photo of her gluteus maximus muscles to prove it is real.
Attachments
Kims-butt.jpg
Kims-butt.jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

HONDO74

Postby HONDO74 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:32 pm

There is a very large faction of people in this country that can't live without having their own live wrapped up in these celebrities. The same people that buy all those tabloid "comic" papers at the check out counter at the market.

It is hard to get away from. All the news sites promote it. The latest one is Miley Cyrus. After all she promoted the last 2 years, she now says she was sexualized. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E7

Postby E7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:40 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:Why? Whatthehump did she ever do besides grin at cameras? Is that a skill? Noteworthy? Who has done this to us - shoved her to the front of the pack? And is that rear-end shelf even real?

Maybe she can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch?....or maybe that was Miley. :mrgreen:

up148

Postby up148 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 pm

She's a **** by my definition and slutiness has become acceptable in our world. Why else do so many women emulate this look and behavior.

****= 1.a woman who has many casual sexual partners. synonyms: promiscuous woman, prostitute, whore; informal floozy, tramp, hooker, hustler; dated tart, scarlet woman, loose woman, hussy, trollop; archaic charlot, strumpet, wanton "she dressed like a **** and didn't act much better"

I'm not a prude, but hate to have anything thrown in my face from sluts to gays. You want to be that way, then be that way, but don't prance it around for the world to see. We've become a society of "look at me" sickies.

BH

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Murph, I think it's just that huge a$$. There's hundreds of thousands of pretty women, but if you're an a$$ man, there's a good 'un. :lol:
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:16 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:WHY is Kim Kardashian famous? AND why do we keep her famous? Are we that horny?

No good idea but she seems to have captured your attention right here.........
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

Tom Dempsey

Postby Tom Dempsey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 pm

I thing Wayne hit the nail on the head.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:39 pm

HONDO74 wrote:There is a very large faction of people in this country that can't live without having their own live wrapped up in these celebrities. The same people that buy all those tabloid "comic" papers at the check out counter at the market.

It is hard to get away from. All the news sites promote it. The latest one is Miley Cyrus. After all she promoted the last 2 years, she now says she was sexualized. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that were not so potentially evil and dangerous to unsuspecting men, that would be hilarious - she who stuck her tongue out farther than I knew a tongue could go, at every crack or aperture within a 2mi. radius, now complains about the attention!? Huh? Wha'? What a crass phony, it would appear.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Tom Dempsey wrote:I thing Wayne hit the nail on the head.

I would agree with you, Tom, he absolutely did.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:42 pm

webenda wrote:
MurphOnMillerAve wrote:WHY is Kim Kardashian famous? AND why do we keep her famous? ... ...

Kim Kardashian is a marketing genius. And what she markets is herself.....

Genius! On both your parts. Egotism as a commodity to pimp out herself.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Mitch wrote:Murph, I think it's just that huge a$$. There's hundreds of thousands of pretty women, but if you're an a$$ man, there's a good 'un. :lol:

Good point. But I'll bet she dotes just as much on her eyes, cheeks, and lips, as well, as attention-getters and marketing tools (thanks, Wayne).

What does her "success" say about our society?

There have been a whole lot of beauties out there who, at least, DO something besides pose. For example (all of which will "date" me), Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly; at least, they all did something with their lives via their skills, besides smile and look for the camera to smile back.
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:56 pm

up148 wrote:She's a **** by my definition and slutiness has become acceptable in our world. Why else do so many women emulate this look and behavior.

...I'm not a prude, but hate to have anything thrown in my face from sluts to gays. You want to be that way, then be that way, but don't prance it around for the world to see. We've become a society of "look at me" sickies.
BH

Interesting. It's not her beauty or prettiness that I take exception to, of course; it is her blatant egotism and vanity, which seem to be all she has to offer along with the physical effect. What I am astonished at, or, perhaps, simply chagrinned over, is that she has been so successful at such empty self-promoting and self-pimping. If she has made tons of money and gained an equally self-promoting husband, good for her and I hope she has happiness. Yet, I wonder how the kids will view her, decades from now. My question is really, then, about what the phenomenon of her says about this society and its values. Perhaps, HONDO has already addressed that part of the question.

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:21 pm

webenda wrote:Kim Kardashian is a marketing genius. And what she markets is herself.

By that metric, she's ready for the White House, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
webenda wrote:Kim Kardashian is a marketing genius. And what she markets is herself.

By that metric, she's ready for the White House, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and her hair-do would certainly be an improvement!

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”