Northern weather

Play nice and have fun...
healey36

Re: Northern weather

Postby healey36 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 am

Murph - Take it easy on the snow-shovelling. I want to be seeing Instaramas produced for another twenty years...

Healey

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 am

healey36 wrote:Murph - Take it easy on the snow-shovelling. I want to be seeing Instaramas produced for another twenty years...

Healey

Dave should come up and shovel out Murph as penance for posting palm trees....
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:01 am

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:
healey36 wrote:Murph - Take it easy on the snow-shovelling. I want to be seeing Instaramas produced for another twenty years...

Healey

Thank you both. I just got back inside after moving deck-furniure and shoveling snow and feel real shaky. real shaky. soi ate a light breakfst and am sitting ere a little wbbly on the ket board.

i heard a couple yeas ago that you should not lay down after shoveling sno. bu one lady neighbpor died in her kitchen seated havng coffee and a 50+ layer friend dropped dead actuallt at his snowblower-plow thing.

gulp.
murp

Rufus T. Firefly

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 am

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:

Healey

Thank you both. I just got back inside after moving deck-furniure and shoveling snow and feel real shaky. real shaky. soi ate a light breakfst and am sitting ere a little wbbly on the ket board.

Probably should have eaten a bit before starting - low blood sugar, etc.....

If you get the amounts forecast, you have no business being out in it anyway. Go inside, stay warm and comfortable, ride it out and send us updates here!

'Toodles!
Conservatism: The intense fear that somewhere, somehow, someone you think is inferior is being treated as your equal.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:55 am

Somebody that has Murphs phone number should call him.

He doesn't normally spell like that.
roger

I support thread drift.
If God didn't want women to be looked at, He would have made 'em ugly. RAH

J. S. Bach

Postby J. S. Bach » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Dave should come up and shovel out Murph as penance for posting palm trees....

I do have a snow shovel on my front porch................just in case! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Mitch

Postby Mitch » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:12 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:

gulp.
murp

Murph, I think that's what a neighbor kid and a $20 bill are for. (I don't know; will a kid shovel snow for $20 nowdays)?

When I was a kid, we'd shovel 2' of snow over 40' of sidewalk for a buck and a half! :shock: And twice, when we lived right in Freeport and there were major floods, (before the Kinsua Dam and Allegheny reservoir was built), we rowed around 1st, 2nd, and up to 3rd street in a leaky rowboat and moved peoples furniture out of the basements and 1st floors up to the 2nd floor for a dollar, too. 'Course, a dollar went a little farther then.
If you agree with the Progressives, it's freedom of speech. If you disagree, it's hate speech. There are no alternatives.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:43 pm

HEY ALL YOU GUYS UP THERE IN THIS STORM!

Take it easy an don't hurt yourself. I'm serious.

CAPS were on purpose.
roger

I support thread drift.

sarge

Postby sarge » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:04 pm

Anyone have Murph's phone number?

I'm a bit concerned after his last, which I agree with Roger wasn't written with spelling or syntax that would fill me with confidence in how well he might have felt typing it.

I'll call and be over-nosey if someone has his number, isn't comfortable calling, and can PM it to me.
No-one ever forgets where they buried the hatchet.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:18 pm

sarge wrote:Anyone have Murph's phone number?

I'm a bit concerned after his last, which I agree with Roger wasn't written with spelling or syntax that would fill me with confidence in how well he might have felt typing it.

I'll call and be over-nosey if someone has his number, isn't comfortable calling, and can PM it to me.

Thank you, Sarge. Thanks very much.
A nap after my first efforts at snow removal (I don't recall when I have ever been that shaky after such "exercise") this morning from our deck helped.

Then, after that solid nap, I felt refreshed and steady and went out to shovel the walkway to the front door, our sidewalk, and the helpful-neighbor's sidewalk and walkway. The snow was light and fluffy, and I took my time but quickly had enough.

I rested the remainder of the day and eventually had the life back in me enough to cook dinner for my wife and me.

She says my snow-shoveling days are over. We'll see.

Mitch pointed out the advisability of hiring teenagers. If I could find any, I would pay a $100 for each shoveling and be real, real glad to do so. And if he or she came back, at their own volition, each snowfall, they could be certain of the same payment, all season. However, all folks of that persuasion are long-gone from our neighborhood. I thought of asking some of the Altar-boys from our church to shovel, but getting them here would be a challenge and impractical in the midst of a snow storm.

I don't know what the answer is. I suppose I am it.
Murph

Healey, Rufus, and Roger, Thank you.
Last edited by MurphOnMillerAve on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Sarge,

I got an e-mail from Murph and he said he was OK.

I am 80 and I think Murph is @70. I think a lot of us may be over 60 and we should be extra careful.
That doesn't mean that you young whippersnappers should take chances.You need to be careful also.

Written before I saw Murph's above message but it still doesn't change anything.
roger

I support thread drift.

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 pm

J. S. Bach wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:Dave should come up and shovel out Murph as penance for posting palm trees....

I do have a snow shovel on my front porch................just in case! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

I'll watch for your car, Dave, but leave the shovel (and take the cannoli, if you have it.) And bring a teenager if you have one. :P

MurphOnMillerAve

Postby MurphOnMillerAve » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 pm

rogruth wrote:Sarge,

I got an e-mail from Murph and he said he was OK.

I am 80 and I think Murph is @70. I think a lot of us may be over 60 and we should be extra careful.
That doesn't mean that you young whippersnappers should take chances.You need to be careful also.

Written before I saw Murph's above message but it still doesn't change anything.

I must admit, my friend, I did get scared this morning. And Rufus is right. I should have eaten before I went out to tackle the elements. I wasn't so much cold as I was experiencing a heavy heartbeat, thumping so hard at the last shovel-load I swear I could hear it, and definitely could feel it with my fingers on my neck, throbbing. What do you suppose that was?

I just took a look now at what you and Sarge referred to in my writing of that first message and am surprised - I was unaware. I just had to leave the computer and rest, at that time. It took me all day to recover to be able to visit here now.
Murph

rogruth

Postby rogruth » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:00 pm

Murph,

A word to the wise :!: :!: :!:
roger

I support thread drift.

webenda

Postby webenda » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 pm

MurphOnMillerAve wrote:I wasn't so much cold as I was experiencing a heavy heartbeat, thumping so hard at the last shovel-load I swear I could hear it, and definitely could feel it with my fingers on my neck, throbbing. What do you suppose that was?

Possible heart palpitations => http://www.healthline.com/symptom/bounding-pulse

I used to get them riding my bicycle up widow maker's hill and during tread mill stress tests in the cardiologist's office. Fortunately I would recover in about 5 minutes from those short exertions. Longer exertions, like the Tour de Tucson bicycle race (my cardiologist gave me permission) would result in 20 to thirty minutes of pounding heart before I could even go pick up my medal. I have had none since by-pass surgery.

My wife used to get them constantly, for no reason that her cardiologist could determine. I could see her arteries pulsing in her neck and temples when she was experiencing them.

You can read about pounding heart at the above link before you see your doctor to explain what happened, but you and I can only guess about your condition, we can't really do it through internet research. Only a cardiologist can diagnose your heart condition.

Please do see your primary doctor for a first diagnosis. He may refer you to a cardiologist for more advanced tests that he has not the equipment to perform.
----Wayne----

Back when I was growing up, if you didn't start someth'n, there wouldn't be noth'n.
--Merle Haggard

Return to “The Club Car Lounge”